JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
hey guys! help me out a little. trying to find original sights for it. I checked numrich and they have bunch of sights but no original. and for some reason i cant call them to ask. any other places i can get it?

There is/was a gun shop along I-84 east end of The Dalles that had many Model 94 parts/sights. I can't remember a name but maybe someone else will help out. They could have one.

The one you have probably would have had some sort of elevator. The problem with Winchester's is that they could be ordered with any number of sight options. The one you linked to would more than likely work for what you are going for.

I doubt theres much collector valve left,the specimen you have is a great canidate for parkerizing.if you dont have the eq.your other option is a browing agent.once youve completed your project,make sure the ammo you have is 30wcf and not 3030 winchester.(good project, good luck)

Naval jelly sucks, I would start with CLP and brass wire brushes cleaning the internal metal parts.
I would polidh all the small internal parts. For this start with 400 grit emory cloth and work down to 1200, metal removal would be amost zip. But you wind up with a smoothh surface.

I doubt theres much collector valve left,the specimen you have is a great canidate for parkerizing.if you dont have the eq.your other option is a browing agent.once youve completed your project,make sure the ammo you have is 30wcf and not 3030 winchester.(good project, good luck)

30 W.C.F." is the original name that Winchester gave the 30-30... they are one and the same cartridge.

If you go here; <broken link removed>

they can tell you the build date and configuration of your rifle.
(for a fee)

or send me your serial number and I'll look it up. (I'm all ready a member of cody)

Also this sight has los of winchester data
https://forums.gunbroker.com

have fun with the restore..

Marbles sights would probably be as correct as any on this vintage gun. As far as restoration, try Bolsa Gunsmithing in Westminster CA. My major concern would be the bore, a pistol caliber could be relined,but, I don't think 30/30 is a candidate. The worst that could happen is you decide not to have them do the work and be out the shipping costs. If the gun was a gift, what the heck, put a few hundred in it and have a good looking shooter.

sorry to just barge in your thread but i am looking for another candidate for a full resto rifle for my gunsmithing courses, im almost done with school finally. anyways if you are willing to sell the 30 30 i know theres no collecter value anymore but i need to do a full rebuild on 1 and my 2 levers are not getting touched as 1 has had 2 boxes fired through it sine 1923 and the other is family heirloom. please let me know soon as you can, i have cash and am willing to pay for this particular rifle:)

I have a buddy on another site, had an old 3030, it was not really a collector so he had it parked and the bands duracoated, looks really sweet, can send pics if you want

Hmmmmmm...... I'm sorry what's the difference between 30wcf and 3030?

30 W.C.F." is the original name that Winchester gave the 30-30... they are one and the same cartridge.

If you go here; <broken link removed>

they can tell you the build date and configuration of your rifle.
(for a fee)

or send me your serial number and I'll look it up. (I'm all ready a member of cody)

Also this sight has los of winchester data
https://forums.gunbroker.com

have fun with the restore..

I check it don't remember exact serial right now but I think it was something like 341xxx and it was dated back in mid 1906

Thank you for the info! I'll check it out when I get home :)

sorry to just barge in your thread but i am looking for another candidate for a full resto rifle for my gunsmithing courses, im almost done with school finally. anyways if you are willing to sell the 30 30 i know theres no collecter value anymore but i need to do a full rebuild on 1 and my 2 levers are not getting touched as 1 has had 2 boxes fired through it sine 1923 and the other is family heirloom. please let me know soon as you can, i have cash and am willing to pay for this particular rifle:)

Its alright :) I'll keep it :)

cool deal man, its deffinetely gonna be a fun shooting rifle when you get it done. Keep it and shoot the sh#!t out of it. :)

guy i got it from got couple other rifles in that condition. Are you gonna be interested in something else than 3030?

If the barrel is toast,relining the barrel is done all the time,the only problem you might run into is the thickness of the barrel at the muzzle. If there is not a lot of wall thickness, like on a lightweight rifle with a " pencil " barrel, it can't be done.
I love tinkering and projects.

if there is doubt and/or it's toast here is a place to start.He is in Omak washington also..
http://www.redmansrifling.com/

A friend sent me a few pages from the net on electrolytic derusting a year or so ago. I have used it on everything from old wood stoves and tools to my latest project an old rusted 1858 Remington revolver that was almost solid rust. This electrolysis took every bit of rust off the gun in ten minutes. The method does not remove any finish, blue or plating. Only rust is removed. It will not remove pitting as it does not remove metal. Of course, the gun has to be dissassembled and all wood taken off. With something small like a gun all you need is a plastic container large enough to hold it, a stainless or iron electrode, water and washing soda.\, and a battery charger.
Sounds complicated but it is not. Go on-line and search for electrolytic derusting and you should be able to get all the info you need to set things up. This method is great and it will be well worth your efforts to try it. Once you have it organized you can use it on many things and there is no danger of harming your project or of getting electrocuted. Even the solution of soda and water is non toxic and can be poured down the drain when it needs refreshing. Hope you try this method. It will work. Good luck.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top