Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTT OR Winchester 94 30-30

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by thewhitebuffalo83, Sep 27, 2014.

1. thewhitebuffalo83

thewhitebuffalo83 Gresham/Boring Well-Known Member

My dad asked me to test the waters for him, he would like to trade for pre Remington, pre external safety Marlin 30-30 lever action. He is getting older and wants to mount a scope and doesn't want to mess with the Winchester. I will have more info a pics soon. He is only looking for a Marlin, my brother has one and he really likes it. Send conversation with any question and I will answer them as soon as I can. He is a truck driver so please be patient.

2. BEN LILLY

BEN LILLY Lincoln City, OR NRA LIFE MEMBER Bronze Supporter

Depending on the age and condition, it might be better to sell the Winchester. Then he can buy a Marlin and come out ahead.

3. thewhitebuffalo83

Thanks for the advice, I haven't looked closely, but I thought they were going for about the same on the forum. I'll have to get more info from him, I know he's had it at least 15 to 20 years but I was a kid, I don't remember he bought it needs or not. Thanks again.
    Travis

4. nickmil

nickmil Milwaukie, OR Member

My friendly recommendation would be to look up the serial number and find out more about the year of manufacture and also whether it has been refinished. In some cases a ratty looking older rifle can be worth much more than a very nice looking newer rifle. "Pre-'64" is a common denominator. The pre 1964 manufactured units tend to bring more than later rifles so well worth the effort to research. A google search for "Winchester 94 serial numbers" usually nets some good information. Best of luck with the sale. If I didn't have several ranging from 1897 to 1976 I'd be interested myself. :)

5. dmess

dmess Aurora, Or New Member

A manufacture date and some close pics would've good. I'm interested in the trade you are talking about.

6. thewhitebuffalo83

Manufacture date 1974. I haven't seen the rifle in a few years, but my brother tells me there is some rust, approximately less than 200 rounds fired.

7. thewhitebuffalo83

I found my Dad a really good deal on a used marlin so he is going to keep the winchester.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.