WTT OR Winchester 94 30-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
My dad asked me to test the waters for him, he would like to trade for pre Remington, pre external safety Marlin 30-30 lever action. He is getting older and wants to mount a scope and doesn't want to mess with the Winchester. I will have more info a pics soon. He is only looking for a Marlin, my brother has one and he really likes it. Send conversation with any question and I will answer them as soon as I can. He is a truck driver so please be patient.

OP
thewhitebuffalo83
Reactions
Thanks for the advice, I haven't looked closely, but I thought they were going for about the same on the forum. I'll have to get more info from him, I know he's had it at least 15 to 20 years but I was a kid, I don't remember he bought it needs or not. Thanks again.
Travis

Reactions
My friendly recommendation would be to look up the serial number and find out more about the year of manufacture and also whether it has been refinished. In some cases a ratty looking older rifle can be worth much more than a very nice looking newer rifle. "Pre-'64" is a common denominator. The pre 1964 manufactured units tend to bring more than later rifles so well worth the effort to research. A google search for "Winchester 94 serial numbers" usually nets some good information. Best of luck with the sale. If I didn't have several ranging from 1897 to 1976 I'd be interested myself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gun Pro Shooting Supplies
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Little Shop!
    I went in the place several weeks ago while visiting my kid at school. I ended up buying a new set of electronic ear muffs as my old ones were...
  • Gun Pro Shooting Supplies
    5.00 star(s)
    My go-to
    Neil has been nothing but professional, helpful and fair since I was a brand new shooter. He and his staff treat everyone with respect and you...
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    1.00 star(s)
    Completely unhappy!
    Not happy, customer service is highly lacking, and the male employees are rude. We wont be back!!
  • Wildcat Mountain
    4.00 star(s)
    Wildcat Mountain Nov. 30
    Went there today, it was accessible but bad conditions which I kind of expected. Melting snow, mud, etc. No one there and I didn't see a lot of...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
Top Bottom