Winchester 742 30-06 Value?

Reactions
What can you all tell me about the above rifle? My Dad has one he bought in about 1979. Took it hunting maybe five times and perhaps has 50 rounds (at the outside) through it. Has been in a box for the last 22 years.

Wood stock, two magazines, standard sites, no scope. He is looking to sell but has no idea what it is worth. I am not familiar with long guns but volunteered to do some leg work.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Reactions
Are you sure its a WINCHESTER and not a REMINGTON????????????

Unfortunately, as most everyone knows, a gun is only worth what you can get for it.

That being said, there are a number of online auctions that are currently selling the REMINGTON 742. Here is a list of three I quickly skimmed through,

Auctionarms.com
GunBroker.com
GunsAmerica.com

Almost all fell within the price of 300-500 dollars. Reaching 500 dollars, most have scopes. The rifles without a scope are in the 300-400 range.

This is NOT EXACT GUN DIGEST "values" this is going off of online auction prices, which tend to be and sell slightly higher than the price guides ever list them as.

I sold my Remington 742 30-06 a year ago, for $450... with a scope.

Hope this gives you a good starting point.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom