Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester 71 .348 Rifle

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by papalondog, Aug 13, 2010.

1. papalondog

papalondog Mid Willamette Valley Active Member

I have a gorgeous Winchester model 71 .348 caliber rifle that I am thinking about selling. I need to raise some cash for a project. This is an honest 96-97% rifle that is all original. No extra holes, tight as new, with a few normal handling marks. It was made in 1951 which makes it the short tang version with regular sights. These are getting really hard to find in all original condition. I am not going to post pictures as this is a serious investment gun that need to be seen in person. I am asking $2200 for it and arrangements can be made to see it on weekends. I live in the Albany, Oregon area, close to I-5.
    Lonnie
    (541)602-8727

2. fred c. dobbs

fred c. dobbs salem Active Member

< NO PICTURES > equal slow sale or < No SALE > Take your pick.

3. papalondog

Slow sale or no sale is fine with me;) Salem is 20 minutes away.

4. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

Howdy,
    Standard or Deluxe?

5. papalondog

Sorry for the delay in response. I was out of town for a few days. The posted rifle is a standard rifle. I do have a first year deluxe rifle with the bolt peep. It too is unaltered with no extra holes and all original with the sling. I would grade it at well over 95%. I would consider selling it for $4500. The prices aren't cheap, but the material is awesome!:thumbup: