Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Winchester 71 .348 Rifle

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by papalondog, Aug 13, 2010.

1. papalondog

papalondog Mid Willamette Valley Active Member

I have a gorgeous Winchester model 71 .348 caliber rifle that I am thinking about selling. I need to raise some cash for a project. This is an honest 96-97% rifle that is all original. No extra holes, tight as new, with a few normal handling marks. It was made in 1951 which makes it the short tang version with regular sights. These are getting really hard to find in all original condition. I am not going to post pictures as this is a serious investment gun that need to be seen in person. I am asking $2200 for it and arrangements can be made to see it on weekends. I live in the Albany, Oregon area, close to I-5.
    Lonnie
    (541)602-8727

2. fred c. dobbs

fred c. dobbs salem Active Member

< NO PICTURES > equal slow sale or < No SALE > Take your pick.

3. papalondog

Slow sale or no sale is fine with me;) Salem is 20 minutes away.

4. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

Howdy,
    Standard or Deluxe?

5. papalondog

Sorry for the delay in response. I was out of town for a few days. The posted rifle is a standard rifle. I do have a first year deluxe rifle with the bolt peep. It too is unaltered with no extra holes and all original with the sling. I would grade it at well over 95%. I would consider selling it for $4500. The prices aren't cheap, but the material is awesome!:thumbup: