JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The one I want S&W Model 41 Performance Center.:):p:D:rolleyes:
upload_2017-10-20_5-50-34.png

Can you shoot high-velocity shells in the new ones?
The facts of the matter is you have always been able to shoot "anything" .22 Long Rifle in a Model 41. It will be a bit harder on the Gun and generally speaking the higher velocity stuff isn't going to be as Accurate. I just picked up another carton of CCI Green Tag which I have found to be the best in mine. I'm guessing that somebody is going to talk about buffers and I'll say there's no need for you to spend the dollars. The same is true for the Recoil or Main Springs and extractor. What comes in the Pistol is just fine. I'm not saying some parts can't get OLD because they do but I'd suggest you stick with Factory parts. Personally, I don't feel the newer PC Guns are as good as the older ones but they are still a very nice Pistols.

On a side note, I've even put +P+ .38 Specials through my Model 52. I don't recommend it but one round at a time it can be done.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It used to be that I would find Speer double ended wadcutters on the shelf. Not that I look for them, but I can't remember seeing them for ages.

Wasn't there a Colt 1911 that was a wadcutter only 38 Special?

Wasn't there a Colt 1911 that was a wadcutter only 38 Special?
Yep, it was based on the Gold Cup and included five round Magazines. They just weren't as good as the Model 52-2s and like most things Colt they were a couple hundred more expensive. Smith and Wesson also Built the Model 52 for the .38AMU cartridge - a rimless .38 Special.:):):)

One of my worthless stories but an event that made me happy. When I bought my 52-1 it came with two mags but to me two mags equals one and one mag is none. So I went on the search for another mag. Ebay had them fo $175 at that time but a dealer told me he had an extra if he could find it but was going to stick it to me on price.

Weeks later he found it and I went to his place to pick it up with a wad of cash. He charged me $50 with a big smile on his face. He knew he gave me a great deal.

I load out of the Speer #9 manual a load specific for the 52 with a small amount of 231 and 148 fwc

I have heard stories that Smith never made a dime on the 52 because they put so much effort into building an accurate gun. Plus it was one of the few guns they guarantee to be accurate. Love mine.

I have heard stories that Smith never made a dime on the 52 because they put so much effort into building an accurate gun.
I have it from a very good source that Smith and Wesson never lost money on any Gun other than the .17 caliber Wheel Guns and that was because they weren't Accurate.

I shoot wadcutter in my 6 inch model 14 or K38 too, it seems to be the most accurate load in that gun. In the old days nothing shot better in my Python but it's long gone now. Really suprise more folks don' shoot wadcutters, cheaper and more accurate plus they don't kick much.

I've always enjoyed Shooting both .38 & .32 Wadcutters. I .32 S&W used to be Very popular with the Bullseye Crowd and I've used it for NRA Hunter Pistol Silhouette and did OKay.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top