JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been wanting a older 30-30 for years and years. Doesn't need to be pre-64, because it's about price.
I think $600.00 max.
Something with tight wood, not a lot of pitting.
Gun will be used, not in safe.

Is that price in line?

Some of the best deals I've found are store branded Winchester 94's like the Sears Model 54.
Usually under priced compared to a Winchester.

I was able to obtain a nice pre-64 for $400-ish a few years back. I'd have to imagine six c-notes will get you a decent .30/30 WCF Winchester 94 these days. It seems like most shooters like plastic rifles these days, and the made a ton of 94s, so they are out there. Good luck. :)

I've always liked the marlins better then Winchesters.
With the newer ammo that's available it breathes new life into the old deer killers.

With $600 in your pocket, you could go my local Cabela's and have your pick of the litter. They have I think 10 of them, a couple in .32, rather than 30-30. That's a very doable price limit :)

You should be able to find a pretty nice one for six hundred bucks. Good luck on your search.

I have one of those 94 clones, it's a Ted William's Model 100. I rescued it and had Velzey redo the metal and I redid the wood. It's pretty nice now.
The main differences between the ersatz guns and a 94 seem to be an aluminum receiver, leaf mainspring instead of coil and less expensive wood. But that's just based on what little I know.

Been wanting a older 30-30 for years and years. Doesn't need to be pre-64, because it's about price.
I think $600.00 max.
Something with tight wood, not a lot of pitting.
Gun will be used, not in safe.

Is that price in line?

I bought my late 70's model for around $400 around a year ago.
I added a Williams FP sight for ~$70 which was a really useful upgrade.
I also added a sling but didn't want to have the stock drilled for I bought a Brass Stacker no drill sling. ~$90

Before putting on the FP sight
76a8neV.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top