JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Few years back I picked it up from a family friend, and figured since the guns I have I use, this one could go.

The gun is in its original box and has never been shot, or left the box besides to be wiped down and cleaned.
(Pictures available)

The label on the box says Winchester '67, with 26" octagon barrel. Serial #58024

Just curious what the value might be.

Appreciate the help.

Jim

Local maybe $900. if put on a national auction site and you have enough time it might hit $1200. Winchester made so many of these commemorative models that except for a few they are not that much in demand. And since the value drops 30%+ as soon as they are shot once. You have to find someone who wants a collectable that doesn't increase in value very fast. Its taken over 50 years to be worth 4 times what it was originally.

Few years back I picked it up from a family friend, and figured since the guns I have I use, this one could go.

The gun is in its original box and has never been shot, or left the box besides to be wiped down and cleaned.
(Pictures available)

The label on the box says Winchester '67, with 26" octagon barrel. Serial #58024

Just curious what the value might be.

Appreciate the help.

Jim
I'm going to SWEAR that I saw two of these in the Tualatin Cabela's Gun Library just three days ago for $1,599.00 each. One was a saddle ring carbine and the other was the full rifle. It didn't say if those had been shot. they sure looked new. I'd defer to Mark on values. Though I've always heard that those commemorative rifles with all the fancy engraving won't bring as much $$ as an original unmodified gun.

I'm going to SWEAR that I saw two of these in the Tualatin Cabela's Gun Library just three days ago for $1,599.00 each. One was a saddle ring carbine and the other was the full rifle. It didn't say if those had been shot. they sure looked new. I'd defer to Mark on values. Though I've always heard that those commemorative rifles with all the fancy engraving won't bring as much $$ as an original unmodified gun.
Cabela's guns are always priced higher than private party. I'd say the prices there for used are more in par with a national auction.

Thanks Mark!

So true! I asked what she wanted for it and she said $300, and for the Winchester Model 61 22 Long rifle $135. I handed her $500 and she was happy to have them gone.

I'll try and upload a few pictures- (One of the pictures you will what looks like rust on the packaging material, it is not rust, it looks like a lubricant that has collected some dust or dirt)

Thank you,

Box closed.jpg Label on box.jpg in box.jpg

If the seller was happy with the price you gave...and you are happy with the price you paid for the guns...
As well as the guns themselves...
Then that is the best way to account for value / worth.

In any event....
If you look up these Winchester Commemorative rifles...prices will vary wildly from about $500 - over $1,000.
Andy

They reopened the Gun LIbrary?

Cabela's guns are always priced higher than private party. I'd say the prices there for used are more in par with a national auction.
Oh, I realize that. I was wondering how long it might take them to move one of those? Personally I'd rather not buy one all engraved up like that. A real nice, pre '64, say out of the '50s, wouldn't likely bring that much.
They reopened the Gun LIbrary?
Yes they did! There's no handguns in there. And not much in the way of the real interesting oldies either. Quite a few shotguns, if that's your thing. And I didn't look close but I don't thing there were any C&R shot guns.

I own two Commemoratives and they are both shooters and I paid accordingly for them.

I have seen a lot more of them coming onto the market over the last few years as MOST of them really have not appreciated in value much with only a select few having done so to where they should remain unfired.

If a person finds one they like and maybe want it as a 'shooter' I recommend they do a little research on it before 'diving in ' as it might be one that has has little to no 'collector' value and shouldn't be much more than a comparable year and condition 'standard' model.

With regard to the Canaidian Centennial the OP got a great deal on it for just being a few years ago but the CC is one that has typically been at the lower end of all the commemoratives. I have seen enough to know this is the case and I passed on one for $450 just a couple years ago.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads