JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I am looking to get rid of my Winchester .22 Hornet Model 43. The gun is in excellent shape as you can see from the pictures. All original. Serial #28136A. I am selling it for $1,200 or might be interested in a partial trade for a Sig Sauer P220 or Colt 1911. Let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks,
George

The best way to see if a finish on a stock is original on a vintage Winchester, is to look very closely at the side of the butt plate where it meets the wood stock.
The factory would brush on the finish downward from the fore grip area, and then right over the plastic butt plate.
The brush stokes should match on the stock and butt plate.

It also is not drilled or tapped for a scope nor does it have the hardware on the stock for a shoulder strap. I'm thinking that the earlier models are like this?

The metal should be dark luster blue (that would match the rear sight). This appears gray, and new finish. You have a very good gun. I just think Grandpa had it refurbished, and a good job done. I may very well be wrong, and pictures never tell the whole story.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.