JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased a Winchester 1897 and want to turn it into an M97 trench gun. Unfortunately i'm having no luck finding a 20 inch barrel. Numrich is sold out and I can't find any other stores, online or otherwise, that would have what I'm looking for other than Gun Broker and the seller wanted $910.00. Any help is appreciated as I'd prefer to save cutting the 32 inch barrel on the gun as a last resort.

Keep looking on Gunbroker, I've seen barrels for $200 sometimes less, not often but there sometimes there.
I have the same gun (Winchester 1897 only with the rare 32" barrel) Manufactured in 1899 (per serial number), still operational and working fine, although I am looking for an original stock and forearm in good condition if you know of any (mine are good, I would just like "better" :)
If you cut your barrel, just make sure and use a power saw that will clamp and hold it to insure a square cut. I cut another shotgun awhile back and it came out fine.
Good Luck

Mine was made in1904 and also has the 32 inch barrel, it had rust on it at one time and the metal is pitted so I'd just as soon replace it. I can tell it was used for hunting by the previous owner, hasn't been cleaned or oiled until I purchased it but my gunsmith tells me everything is in good working order. If I have to cut the barrel I will let him do it as I do not have the tools. As for you're search for a stock and forearm, check Numrich at gunpartscorp.com. I know they have at least the forearm. Doesn't say what condition but I would think it would be in good shape. I will be buying those parts next, myself. Thanks for the help.