JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have you checked your chamber length? I've got one with a short chamber that I think is 2 & 9/16s. I've been told it's not safe to fire with 2 & 3/4 shells unless I have the chamber lengthend.

I'm looking at doing the same thing. Only parkerized, since almost all the finish is already on the shotgun as is. How is the quality of the Numrich Heat Shield? I have heard varying degrees of quality in regards to the different sources out there.

I'm looking at doing the same thing. Only parkerized, since almost all the finish is already on the shotgun as is. How is the quality of the Numrich Heat Shield? I have heard varying degrees of quality in regards to the different sources out there.

I used a Numrich shield for this build and I think it's a nice piece. It looks great and feels solid. Here's a closer picture of the part.

IMG_20200304_172025.jpg

I have had so much fun reviving these old Winny's, especially the take down's as they were never made as "Trench" guns, which actually makes them even more handy! I just found a origional clunker 97 full length that is all kinds of messed up, the barrel is toast, and the trigger shoe is actually broken, and the action will not cycle! I couldn't see it tossed in the scrap pile for recycling, so home it came! Need to find a barrel for it, and figure out what other parts it's going to need, and then Take it to @Velzey to work his magic!

I have had so much fun reviving these old Winny's, especially the take down's as they were never made as "Trench" guns, which actually makes them even more handy! I just found a origional clunker 97 full length that is all kinds of messed up, the barrel is toast, and the trigger shoe is actually broken, and the action will not cycle! I couldn't see it tossed in the scrap pile for recycling, so home it came! Need to find a barrel for it, and figure out what other parts it's going to need, and then Take it to @Velzey to work his magic!

Same here. Barrel that came on the gun was from a model 12 and wasn't even torqued onto the extension all the way. Found a 97 barrel w/ extension and it actually fits well, but definitely needs to be reamed and polished. I may end up ordering a reproduction barrel from Numrich this week

4CD7E9C1-0FC6-4AC7-81BB-0513E3074599.jpeg