JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Is it still available
I have a Winchester 1897 Standard 12G Shotgun, 30" barrel, with a plain Walnut stock in nice condition (for its age:)). This has the take-down feature (breaks down into 2 pieces). No rust or significant marring/scratches, and the wood looks great. Has original bluing that is pretty worn on the corners/edges. It was definitely used in its day. Based on the serial number (472XXX), it was made in the 3rd or 4th quarter of 1910, so its pre-war. It hasn't been fired in about 20 years, but the family friend who used it last said it functioned great. Without ever having fired it myself, I can say with confidence that it is mechanically sound and dry functions as it should. Chambers 2 3/4" shells. Comes with an old soft case (its nothing special).
As a 102 year old shotgun, especially with the history of the shorter barreled 'Trench' version's use in WWI, it's a great conversation piece, but I'm not a collector of shotguns nor am I ever going to use it (it has no meaningful family history) and would rather get something I will use with the money from it. So here it is for you guys to ponder over.

I want to ask $600, FTF in Seattle, CWL possession preferred. But if you think it's worth a different price, let me know what that number is. :)

-1-1.jpg
-2-1.jpg
-3-1.jpg

Thanks for looking, and if you have any questions or need more photos, don't hesitate to ask!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.