JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
My lack of knowledge on this piece will work in your favor. It was inherited and even the local shop could not tell me allot about it. It appears to have had some customization to the stock and forward grip and some tooling marks on some of the screws but generally in great shape.

300 OBO

Win1895_1.jpg

Win1895_3.jpg

Win1895_4.jpg

If the caliber is .30 govt.... aka 30-40 Krag.... and the bore is good (not a sewer pipe/consistent with exterior of gun) and here are no huge hidden flaws.......... I WILL TAKE IT!

PM Me, we can get together.

I havent been able to get a firm answer on that from the shops i showed it to, there is an RIA stamp on the end of the barrel but no other markings regarding caliber, their guess was the 30-40.

If it doesn't have the caliber stamped on the barrel I doubt it is the original barrel or some goober refinished the barrel stampings right off it.

That barrel profile doesn't match my Model 95 in 30-40krag nor does the front sight look anything like the front sight on mine. No 1895 barrel I can find has the front sight band this one does. It looks more like a Springfield or other military rifle barrel. If its a Military 1895 it will have a crest on the top ring of the receiver.

It also appears to have had the Lyman Receiver mounted peep sight originally which you see the screw hole for on the barrel end of the receiver.

I would really like to see some good photos of this rifle especially the the area of the barrel just ahead of the receiver and the serial number

Well...... 140 round trip miles later and I did NOT buy it. Barrel is a 1903 Springfield RIA dated 1918. Bore looks decent and it passed the bullet test but it has a crude dovetail cut and just forward of the receiver there are vise jaw marks. Wood, in addition to the black checkering, also has some other relief/scalloping to it in the buttstock. Chamber took a .30-06 round but would not feed it from the magazine.... Hole forward on receiver I figured was for a side mount for scope..... Too much work for me.... I am not Turnbull.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.