JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$5000
Manufacturer
Winchester
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Grants Pass
State
Oregon
Zip Code
WINCHESTER 1866 SRC YELLOW BOY! NO RESERVE AUCTION AS IM SERIOUSLY THINNING OUT MY COLLECTION! WINCHESTER 66 YELLOW BOY SINGLE RING CARBINE MADE IN 1871! THIS IS ONE RIFLE THAT I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON BY ANY MEANS AS IVE ONLY OWNED TWO RIFLES AND THIS CARBINE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, SO ILL DO MY BEST TO DESCRIBE WHAT I SEE AND YOU CAN CHECK OUT THE PICTURES FOR THE TRUE CONDITION AND DESCRIPTION! THIS IS BEING SOLD NO RESERVE!

This Winchester 1866 SRC has a serial number of 77327 which puts it built in 1871. There is also a J S behind the serial on bottom tang. It looks to have the proper 20" barrel & magazine tube. The finish thats left looks to be original as well. The barrel markings are correct and are as follows: top line: WINCHESTER REPEATING ARMS, NEW HAVEN CT bottom line is: KINGS IMPROVEMENT-PATENTED MARCH 29,1866 OCTOBER 16, 1860. The bore has more visible rifling's then i expected are easy to see with bore light. Stocks have obviously been refinished and im assuming also repaired as there are ovals on both sides of the forearm directly across from each other. Crescent butt plate which also seems to be proper for this version. The lever has some side to side wiggle but functions and moves the hammer back. Once the hammer is back the lever has a bit of sag. Im not an 1866 mechanic so i didnt attempt to tear it down at all to see whats what. Sights also look to be proper for this era 66 as well. I took this in trade from a well respected gentleman in the gunshow world and he stated he owned it since the 1960's. Im passing it along as im down sizing my collection at this point otherwise i would love to keep it as its a true piece of old west history. Boy if it could only talk! He said he had a letter on it but could not put his hands on it at the time of trade. If i come up with it i will be sure to pass it along to the buyer at no extra charge of course.

I POSTED A PICTURE OF THE 2 LINE BARREL MARKINGS THAT IS THE SAME AS ON MY BARREL AS ITS TOUGH TO GET A PIC OF THOSE TINY LETTERS. I TRIED TO USE WHITE OIL PENCIL TO HIGH LIGHT BUT ITS TOUGH ON THESE OLD GUNS! LOL!

This is a 149 yr old carbine so i am not making any guarantees as to it being safe to shoot and i would not shoot it unless i had a competent gunsmith go thru the rifle of course.

$5000 USPS money order or cash in person.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_1149.JPG IMG_1146.JPG IMG_1150.JPG IMG_0720.JPG IMG_0730.JPG IMG_0741.JPG IMG_0760.JPG IMG_0725.JPG IMG_0724.JPG IMG_0732.JPG IMG_0739.JPG IMG_1147.JPG IMG_1148.JPG IMG_0721.JPG IMG_0722.JPG IMG_0759.JPG IMG_0736.JPG IMG_0746.JPG IMG_0747.JPG 1866-winchester-rifle-3 (9) (1).jpg IMG_0763.JPG IMG_0762.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last edited by a moderator:
WINCHESTER 1866 SRC YELLOW BOY! NO RESERVE AUCTION AS IM SERIOUSLY THINNING OUT MY COLLECTION! WINCHESTER 66 YELLOW BOY SINGLE RING CARBINE MADE IN 1871! THIS IS ONE RIFLE THAT I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON BY ANY MEANS AS IVE ONLY OWNED TWO RIFLES AND THIS CARBINE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, SO ILL DO MY BEST TO DESCRIBE WHAT I SEE AND YOU CAN CHECK OUT THE PICTURES FOR THE TRUE CONDITION AND DESCRIPTION! THIS IS BEING SOLD NO RESERVE!

This Winchester 1866 SRC has a serial number of 77327 which puts it built in 1871. There is also a J S behind the serial on bottom tang. It looks to have the proper 20" barrel & magazine tube. The finish thats left looks to be original as well. The barrel markings are correct and are as follows: top line: WINCHESTER REPEATING ARMS, NEW HAVEN CT bottom line is: KINGS IMPROVEMENT-PATENTED MARCH 29,1866 OCTOBER 16, 1860. The bore has more visible rifling's then i expected are easy to see with bore light. Stocks have obviously been refinished and im assuming also repaired as there are ovals on both sides of the forearm directly across from each other. Crescent butt plate which also seems to be proper for this version. The lever has some side to side wiggle but functions and moves the hammer back. Once the hammer is back the lever has a bit of sag. Im not an 1866 mechanic so i didnt attempt to tear it down at all to see whats what. Sights also look to be proper for this era 66 as well. I took this in trade from a well respected gentleman in the gunshow world and he stated he owned it since the 1960's. Im passing it along as im down sizing my collection at this point otherwise i would love to keep it as its a true piece of old west history. Boy if it could only talk! He said he had a letter on it but could not put his hands on it at the time of trade. If i come up with it i will be sure to pass it along to the buyer at no extra charge of course.

I POSTED A PICTURE OF THE 2 LINE BARREL MARKINGS ON A MINT CONDITION CARBINE THAT IS THE SAME AS ON MY BARREL. I TRIED TO USE WHITE OIL PENCIL TO HIGH LIGHT BUT ITS TOUGH ON THESE OLD GUNS! LOL!

This is a 149 yr old carbine so i am not making any guarantees as to it being safe to shoot and i would not shoot it unless i had a competent gunsmith go thru the rifle of course.

$4000 USPS money order or cash in person.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

View attachment 660397 View attachment 660398 View attachment 660399 View attachment 660400 View attachment 660401 View attachment 660402 View attachment 660403 View attachment 660404 View attachment 660405 View attachment 660406 View attachment 660407 View attachment 660408 View attachment 660409 View attachment 660410 View attachment 660411 View attachment 660412 View attachment 660413 View attachment 660414 View attachment 660415 View attachment 660417 View attachment 660418 View attachment 660419 View attachment 660420 View attachment 660421 View attachment 660422
thanks for the caps statement... we have to hide from the CAPS NAZI'S:D:D:D

Thanks for the offer but this was listed with wrong price. Son was helping out and he put the price of the 73 Winchester i had for sale. Sold 73 almost immediately on another site. Going to put this on there as well so if there is anybody that likes it jump on it as these are tough tough tough to get ahold of!

Last Edited:
Thanks for the offer but this was listed with wrong price. Son was helping out and he put the price of the 73 Winchester i had for sale. Sold 73 almost immediately on another site. Going to put this on there as well so if there is anybody that likes it jump on it as these are tough tough tough to get ahold of!
I got your response through gb. If you set that as the buy it now and lmk you did it, I will take it

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.