JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My Grandfather was given a winchester 1200 from a family member that passed. When he got the gun it was given to him in parts that came to him in a bag.He had no idea what to do with it so it was passed to me. After putting the gun back together I test fired it, and when I racked the pump to eject the spent shockgun shell, the shell failed to eject and just fell in the chamber making impossible to feed another round. I took the gun apart again and inspected it and saw i was missing the ejector pin. I went online and found the part i need but in the description it says the part will need to be fitted? How hard is this to do? Should i just take it to a gunsmith?

I have no idea if thats the problem. I can count on one hand how many times I have touched a winchester shotgun.I have always been a 870 fan. I will order the part tomorrow and give it a go. I am going to search some youtube videos and hopefully find out how it goes in. I will probably be messaging you in the near future. Thank you

Typically "fitting" of smaller parts means it's made oversized or has a flare to remove so it fits your specific gun.

You shouldn't have a problem if you go slow and take your time.

Is this a normal strike on a primer or a sign of high pressure? 20171124_182611.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I did. That was a bad day for me. My first day ever hunting over on this side of the state. I was hunting on a hill side just sitting and watching. I heard a log fall and roll behind me and when i looked this cat was about 10 ft behind me looking down at me. She knew i saw her and she jumped down right next to me. I hip fired with my 7mm and hit her in the side. I couldnt work the bolt on my gun because of my adrenaline so I pulled my glock and emptied it. She went down under 15 yrds from me. I only hit her with 3 rnds.

That was the begining and end of my deer season. I lost all hope for the .40 short and weak after that. One of my .40 rounds hit her in the shoulder and the other in the hip and not one punched through. Thats why its a 357 sig now. I will be getting a 10mm shortly

I think you should get a special members award for such a diverse thread.
Generally when I see a thread change direction in three different directions, it's by other members taking it for a sharp left turn, but you managed to start with Gramps shotgun problem, then later on a Glock firing pin issue came up and now it's come around to your explanation of your avatar pic.
I'm not being sarcastic, as I was looking up on the net this evening on how to repair your Winchester 1200, I sat down for dinner and come back to a Glock problem, then I helped my wife with the dishes and come back to read about your escapade with a mountain lion.
Can't wait till tomorrow to see were this goes.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top