Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Winchester 101 for a grand?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by F2CMaDMaXX, Apr 1, 2014.

1. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

So i've been reading up on this gun a little bit, a ~2 year old thread on SGW, seems i should be able to get one for around a grand, Cabelas *seem* to have one about there, but i can't work out if it's a special for them or something?

A local store quoted a price much closer to the price quoted on Winchesters site :(

My previous thread on the Silver Reserve 2 (no replies?! :( ) - that turned out to be much lower on the totem pole than i'd previously thought, so i'm looking here, or the Redhead Deluxe from CZ (Ruger Read Label?)

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

And your question is?

I have a CZ Canvasback which is a heavier version of the Redhead better suited to field work and its an excellent firearm. Well designed fits me very well and looks very smart.

Davisons Gun Genie shows them as out of stock with an MSRP: $1,869.99
    for the 101 Field grade

https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx?item=513046371

Cabelas shows 34 within their Gun Library system ranging from $819 for a field grade USED to $3199.00 for a USED engraved Trap Custom.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/sear...ter+101&searchTypeByFilter=GunLibrary&x=0&y=0

no charge.

3. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

4. F2CMaDMaXX

I guess i might be looking at the Redhead again, so long as it really is an upgrade to my Remington, which i'm otherwise happy with, so there isn't much point replacing it unless it's a nice jump.

Seems the canvasback is now superseded by the canvasback gold, which is lighter than the readhead.

5. F2CMaDMaXX

After speaking to Winchester, the Cabelas model is the same, but with some visual design differences.

Still, can't find anyone with stock of that either :(