JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got a model 77. love the gun, but the barrel is loose. as in I can grab the receiver with the right hand and the barrel with the left and move the barrel, with out any effort at all, about 1/8"-3/16" at the muzzle. Any thoughts on what one could do with this? Going to see a smith this afternoon, but I am hoping for some sort of quick/semi-easy fix.

took it too my local smith and he told me what I thought was the right thing to do. Basically the barrel just slides into the receiver and is held in place with a pin. Its kind of like how an AK barrel is held in, except to remove the bolt and other assorted bits you have to take out the barrel. So I took a hammer and peened the end of the barrel just a tiny bit, then took a cold chisel and displaced a bit of metal at 90° increments parallel to the bore axis around the outside of the part of the barrel that slides into the receiver. It came out a little tight, but I would rather have it a bit tight than too loose. Its kind of a cheap fix, but it works. I had someone on RFC suggest using a loctite product of some sort, but I am not fond of that for this type of thing. I just see it failing over time and I kind of only wanted to do this once.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top