JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an old 12 12 ga (1920's fore grip)that I believe came from my g-pa. I'm doing some resurrection work on it and besides grime and rust, it has the 'wobble' in the barrel / receiver extension. I am aware of the adjusting screw in the receiver extension that gives a bit of clocking of the barrel lock, but. umm, ~cough~, a long time ago, so has someone else. To make a tight fit when assembling the barrel on the receiver, the bead ends up at about a 2 o'clock position.

The parts diagram shows an adjusting sleeve that mounts on the end of the barrel that the receiver extension threads on to. On mine, I am not getting the receiver extension to unthread. It turns some but there is damage to the threads cause I guess my g-pa was a ham handed idiot. Anyone ever replace a barrel or bushing on a mod 12?

I'd seen some various bushing sizes searching around but not this kit.

Yeah, nah, $200 for a kit is not an option. A $30 would make this gun worth about $35, maybe $40 if the buyer was blind.

I still haven't managed to get anything to unscrew either. ETA: disassembly success.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads