JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an old 12 12 ga (1920's fore grip)that I believe came from my g-pa. I'm doing some resurrection work on it and besides grime and rust, it has the 'wobble' in the barrel / receiver extension. I am aware of the adjusting screw in the receiver extension that gives a bit of clocking of the barrel lock, but. umm, ~cough~, a long time ago, so has someone else. To make a tight fit when assembling the barrel on the receiver, the bead ends up at about a 2 o'clock position.

The parts diagram shows an adjusting sleeve that mounts on the end of the barrel that the receiver extension threads on to. On mine, I am not getting the receiver extension to unthread. It turns some but there is damage to the threads cause I guess my g-pa was a ham handed idiot. Anyone ever replace a barrel or bushing on a mod 12?

I'd seen some various bushing sizes searching around but not this kit.

Yeah, nah, $200 for a kit is not an option. A $30 would make this gun worth about $35, maybe $40 if the buyer was blind.

I still haven't managed to get anything to unscrew either. ETA: disassembly success.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top