JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Picked up a Post 64 model 94 lever gun. It came with a semi-inletted unfinished stock and forearm. They need to have the inletting finished as well as to have some sort of finish applied. I don't have the time or the patience to deal with this. The wood looks to me like it is Black Walnut but I could be wrong. With some work this stock set could end up looking really nice. Price is $65 for the set. --SOLD--

stock.jpg

Last Edited:
To bad its for a carbine. From the looks of that wood it would be beautiful on my Buffalo Bill comm. Rifle. But both the butt plate and the forestock are different.

they will but will require a little bit of fitting as they are unfinished and the inletting is most of the way done but still needs a little filing. Its not terrible though.

Picked up a Post 64 model 94 lever gun. It came with a semi-inletted unfinished stock and forearm. They need to have the inletting finished as well as to have some sort of finish applied. I don't have the time or the patience to deal with this. The wood looks to me like it is Black Walnut but I could be wrong. With some work this stock set could end up looking really nice. Price is $75 for the set. Located on the west end of hillsboro. I am willing to meet in the hillsboro area or I can ship.View attachment 96297
How much inletting work do they need? Would specialized equipment be needed or just sandpaper?

a dremel, files/rasps, some sand paper should get you most of the way there. A chisel might be needed but doubtful. A sharp knife could help. And you would need a drill to drill both the front retaining ring screw hole as well as for the rear tang screw hole. Only other bit that would need stuff would be for the butt pad, but that is easy for a gunsmith to do. I have done 2 myself and you need a band saw (to chop the stock to the proper length and angle and a belt sander to grind down the butt pad. It may sound like a lot of work but its not bad at all, just takes a bit of time.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top