Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTS OR Win 94 unfinished stock set

Discussion in 'Part & Accessory Classifieds' started by The Cheese, Jul 26, 2014.

1. The Cheese

The Cheese somewhere special Member

Picked up a Post 64 model 94 lever gun. It came with a semi-inletted unfinished stock and forearm. They need to have the inletting finished as well as to have some sort of finish applied. I don't have the time or the patience to deal with this. The wood looks to me like it is Black Walnut but I could be wrong. With some work this stock set could end up looking really nice. Price is $65 for the set. --SOLD--

stock.jpg

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

To bad its for a carbine. From the looks of that wood it would be beautiful on my Buffalo Bill comm. Rifle. But both the butt plate and the forestock are different.

3. The Cheese

Bump. Need these gone

4. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

So... will these fit (directly) on a run of the mill model 94 30-30? Mine is from the late 70's

5. The Cheese

they will but will require a little bit of fitting as they are unfinished and the inletting is most of the way done but still needs a little filing. Its not terrible though.

6. Blockade

Blockade New Member

How much inletting work do they need? Would specialized equipment be needed or just sandpaper?

7. The Cheese

a dremel, files/rasps, some sand paper should get you most of the way there. A chisel might be needed but doubtful. A sharp knife could help. And you would need a drill to drill both the front retaining ring screw hole as well as for the rear tang screw hole. Only other bit that would need stuff would be for the butt pad, but that is easy for a gunsmith to do. I have done 2 myself and you need a band saw (to chop the stock to the proper length and angle and a belt sander to grind down the butt pad. It may sound like a lot of work but its not bad at all, just takes a bit of time.

8. The Cheese

November Bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.