JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I've had a change of heart. I've decided to withdraw this rifle. It is no longer available for sale.

I've had this rifle listed several places on Facebook for 2 1/2 months now. And 3 weeks here, with no serious interest expressed by anyone anywhere. I've decided that I might as well keep it. So that is what I am going to do.

==========================================

Located in Springfield in the Willamette Valley. Want to Sell a gorgeous Winchester 70 Classic Stainless BOSS rifle chambered in .270 Win. This rifle was made at the original Winchester New Haven factory a few years before it was closed. It is all stainless steel, and has the Model 70's classic PRE-'64 STYLE CONTROLLED ROUND FEED WITH CLAW EXTRACTOR . It has a 24 inch barrel on it, with Browning's tune-able BOSS accuracy enhancing muzzle brake factory installed on it.

While Winchester has since been making a similar model to this in the new FN factory in South Carolina, they no longer offer the BOSS system as an available option anymore.

I am not the original owner, but the original owner told me that he had never got around to putting a scope on it or shooting it. And on inspection, I believe that to be true. This was actually one of the last rifles that I bought before I started having serious health problems myself, and I thus also unfortunately never got around to putting a scope on it or shooting a single round through it either. So as far as I know, the gun is still in fantastic unfired and unused condition. It has just been sitting in one of my gun safes.

So this is quite a special hunting rifle. Besides the great classic Winchester 70 action, it also has an awesome clean trigger pull. If you collect Winchesters, this rifle represents production from the final years of the New Haven factory. And it offers the additional unique feature of having the BOSS system.

Because it is such a unique rifle, and has not been used at all, I am asking $700 CASH ONLY for it. No trades considered. Desire FTF transfer, preferably here at my home in Springfield. Please, no old large bills.

. Win70full.jpg Win70bolt.jpg win70boss.jpg win70classic.jpg

Last Edited:
Nice rifle Lance.

Pretty much all of my guns are real nice. It has been easy so far in selling off my cheaper guns. But most of my collection is of fine firearms. So almost everything that I will be posting from now on will be real quality stuff.

I never got around to putting a scope on this rifle and shooting it or going hunting with it. My main hunting rifle that I hunted with after moving to Oregon has been my Remington 700 Custom KS Mountain Rifle, made by Remington's Custom Shop. It is also a 270 Winchester.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.