JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
By my count, there are 13 cert petitions filed that present Second Amendment questions. One of them, NYSRPA v. NYC, has been granted and argued. Wilson v. Cook County is the 11th of the 13 which has survived its first SCOTUS conference. Two others have yet to have a Brief In Opposition (or waiver filed). It is highly unlikely that they will be scheduled for their first conference until the BIO is filed.

Here is a link to an online table (not mine) of Second Amendment cases (with links) from across the nation -> Gun Case Tracker

I'll take a stab at it ... it means pro gun groups (representing Wilson) are trying to get the US Supreme Court to grant a hearing (writ of certiorari) over the constitutionality of Illinois Assault Weapon Ban law. If they agree to hear this, it's good news for us - if not, bad news. The SCOTUS generally takes a few nationally significant cases each year where (regional) Federal Appeals / Appellate courts have ruled in conflict with one another - so they can clarify the law and constitutionality of laws, or remand (send) it back to the lower courts after providing additional guidance.

Thank you @uberguy that is definitely helpful!

Glad that's of some value. The OP's info indicates positive progress along a generally complicated path to get a Supreme Court case review, the second of several under possible review, where the more = the merrier meaning more lower / appellate court conflict on a significant issue, the more likely it becomes to end up in front of SCOTUS.

Glad that's of some value. The OP's info indicates positive progress along a generally complicated path to get a Supreme Court case review, the second of several under possible review, where the more = the merrier meaning more lower / appellate court conflict on a significant issue, the more likely it becomes to end up in front of SCOTUS.
Thanks for answering the question. For some reason, I didn't receive any notifications from this thread.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top