JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have reason to believe that my Bushmaster AR-15 with a Fulton Armory stainless bull barrel is getting too much pressure to the BCG, so I ordered an adjustable gas block from Wilson Combat. As I mentioned, it has a bull barrel and needs a .936" ID gas block, which is the size I ordered. The order arrived today and upon opening it I discovered they sent me a .750" gas block. I checked the packing slip and it said it was a .936" gas block.

I got on the phone right away with them, and the woman I spoke to said I'd need an RMA for the return, but that their system was down so she couldn't generate one right now. She suggested calling back in a couple of hours. When I called back about 3 hours later I got the same confusing phone tree that I did on the first call, where if you actually choose the "Customer Service" option you get shuffled off to a list of voicemail boxes you can leave a message in. You actually have to get the operator on the line and tell her you have an incorrect order if you want to get to the live person who can actually help you. Well, on this second call, after getting to the operator and asking for the correct department, I waited on hold for 30 minutes listening to their continuous advertising about how great their products and customer service are.

Let's see, incorrect parts shipped, a phone tree that directs you to a dead end, a computerized ordering system that doesn't work, and an insufficient number of CSRs to handle the call volume. I don't call that "excellent customer service". We'll see how this turns out, but they have a long way to go to inspire any confidence in them on my part.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I understand that anybody can have a bad day, but it's going to take some doing to overcome this first impression.

Well, I sent an email to Wilson Combat describing my customer service problem last night, and got a very prompt reply in my email this morning:

"I am so sorry to hear that. I am sending you out the right part today. I am also going to include a shipping label for you to return the wrong one. You should not be out any shipping charges on our mistake. I do apologize for the phones and wait time. Storms have knocked us out and we are trying to get things back on track."

I'm about 90% of the way toward giving them a thumbs up for customer service. I once owned a marina in the Branson, MO area, which is about 40 miles from them. This time of year the thunder storms and tornadoes are downright scary in that area. I had to rebuild the marina twice in the 5 years I owned it due to April and May storm damage. I'll report how it all works out in the end, but for now I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Glad it turned out well.
I had the same experience once when trying to order parts through a vendor for work. They just told me they didn't know when Incould get parts and rushed off the phone.
Couldn't believe it.
Until I found out they were in new orleans and this was about a month after katrina destroyed it. They were 8ft under water.

They never recovered.

I wouldn't guess a company like Wilson would have let you down without a good excuse.

I ordered a recoil spring kit that I found out was a reverse plug when I got it. The return policy was basically "put a note in the box and send it back" Which I did, and I was credited back the amount promptly. Two thumbs up from me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top