JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Looking to open some discussion about this 9mm handgun. I've been looking for something out there perfect "for me."

While I'd love to have a STI 2011, the price tag is up there and I'm not entirely sure it would be perfect for me in that I'm not a competition shooter and don't have much experience with the 1911/2011 platform.... but I've been holding out for something very accurate and easy shooting for the range that can be used as a nightstand pistol as well. I've never been a fan of the idea of trusting your life to a pistol you can't shoot well and the only way to shoot it well is put lots of rounds through it. I want a pistol that, if I had to sell all my others, I'd trust my life to this one.

Has anyone gotten range time with this beauty? They seem a bit elusive. I've not seen one in a shop and I've not seen them pop up in discussion except maybe once or twice.

I have heard very good things about those, also take a look at the various Langdon Tactical guns.
I haven't heard of the Langdon but at first glance it appears to be very nice! Will do research accordingly. Appears to fall in the same price range as the Wilson variety

The enhanced Beretta by Langdon Tactical is a "slick" pistol. My buddy at LASD is authorized to carry it as his duty weapon. I've met met Mr Langdon at SHOT show and had the privileged to test fire his personal Wilson Combat Beretta. I couldn't stop smiling, what a treat. Smooth and precise. It's on my list of must get.

The enhanced Beretta by Langdon Tactical is a "slick" pistol. My buddy at LASD is authorized to carry it as his duty weapon. I've met met Mr Langdon at SHOT show and had the privileged to test fire his personal Wilson Combat Beretta. I couldn't stop smiling, what a treat. Smooth and precise. It's on my list of must get.
We're talking about the Wilson Beretta or the Langdon Beretta? Any notable comparison between the two in function?

Wilson Combat and Mr Langdon's personal Beretta, Both pistol shot extremely precise. I'd buy both or if you have a Beretta send it to them for a custom job. Mr Langdon's experiences with the Beretta 92 lead him to being a consultant with Wilson Combat.

1932767_10152276853215982_381145739_o.jpg

Last Edited:

Looking to open some discussion about this 9mm handgun. I've been looking for something out there perfect "for me."

While I'd love to have a STI 2011, the price tag is up there and I'm not entirely sure it would be perfect for me in that I'm not a competition shooter and don't have much experience with the 1911/2011 platform.... but I've been holding out for something very accurate and easy shooting for the range that can be used as a nightstand pistol as well. I've never been a fan of the idea of trusting your life to a pistol you can't shoot well and the only way to shoot it well is put lots of rounds through it. I want a pistol that, if I had to sell all my others, I'd trust my life to this one.

Has anyone gotten range time with this beauty? They seem a bit elusive. I've not seen one in a shop and I've not seen them pop up in discussion except maybe once or twice.
There was a new Brig Tac at Keith's a while ago.
It is a very nice rendition of the Model 92.
I would rather have a Brig Tac than a Langdon.

If you want to "sneak up on it" on the cheap, start with a Beretta 92A1 and then upgrade as you go along.
This is what I did recently when a shop in Florida put them on special for $499

These guys must have purchased 2 train loads of them to be able to sell at this price...

We stock the Brig Centurian, Brig Tactical, Vertec Cent, Vertec Tact, the LLT, the new 92X, and several other versions. They sit alongside the full line up of STI's, Wilson Combats and Nighthawks.

wc.jpg

Last Edited:
There was a new Brig Tac at Keith's a while ago.
It is a very nice rendition of the Model 92.
I would rather have a Brig Tac than a Langdon.

If you want to "sneak up on it" on the cheap, start with a Beretta 92A1 and then upgrade as you go along.
This is what I did recently when a shop in Florida put them on special for $499

These guys must have purchased 2 train loads of them to be able to sell at this price...
I'm not wanting to sneak up on it, I'm ready to hop behind the wheel and take this thing for a ride :cool::D

We stock the Brig Centurian, Brig Tactical, Vertec Cent, Vertec Tact, the LLT, the new 92X, and several other versions. They sit alongside the full line up of STI's, Wilson Combats and Nighthawks.

View attachment 612733
Do you know if the NP3 LLT model affects the internals as well as the levers on the outside? Trying to decide if it's worth the extra coin. No chance you'd ever see an NP3 version in stock would ya?:)

Do you know if the NP3 LLT model affects the internals as well as the levers on the outside? Trying to decide if it's worth the extra coin. No chance you'd ever see an NP3 version in stock would ya?:)

Haven't seen an NP3 variant yet, none of our suppliers even list it as available product. It is a custom order option when purchasing direct from Langdon.

Q: I would like to add the NP3 option to my Elite LTT or PX4 Conversion. What does that include?
A:
The NP3 Option includes an NP3 finish on all of the metal parts in the firearm, EXCEPT for the frame, slide, and barrel.

I just bought a Wilson 92G Centurion with the silicon chrome spring action tune. Picked it up used on GB. It definitely exceeded my expectations. I have a 92FS that I changed out the main spring (not recoil spring) to the 92D spring and put on an elite hammer. That alone improved my groups quite a bit, but the Wilson version is next level.

• Fit and finish - perfect. The armor tuff looks and feels really slick. I don't know how well it holds up
  • Slide to frame fit - good but not great there is still some movement, but less than stock, more than and true custom build 1911
  • Trigger - Double and single action are both really good, SA I put on a scale and is 4.5 lbs
  • Overall - The Wilson parts are nice, the grips are great fitting and a great feel with the large checkering on the front. I like 30 Lpi, and this is much coarser, but it goes with feel of the grips and seems smaller in the hand than my 92FS which is wearing wood presentation grips. The action feels amazingly slick. No question it's been worked on.
It's definitely a keeper. You can pick up a used one with the action tune for around $1000 on GB if you keep your eyes peeled.

Last Edited:
I have two WC Brig Tacs. Carried one daily AIWB for about a year. I slightly prefer the LTT Elite or WC Centurion Tactical because the Brigadier slide results in more limited sight options (front dovetail is different from typical Vertec or M9A3 slide). LTT Elite is probably the best value in my opinion. I have two WC pistols with WC action tunes that I later added WC trigger bars to. I also have an LTT Elite with a TJIAB and LTT OP trigger bar. I would say that tunes and trigger jobs are nice, but I'm also content with a stock trigger and 16#/D hammer spring as long as the trigger bar isn't super worn. The stock trigger bar seems a bit soft and with wear, I've noticed some more apparent overtravel as it releases the hammer earlier in the DA pull.

If you are not a Beretta enthusiast or traditional double action pistol fan, you might just want to test the waters by searching for a used 92FS in good condition. My plain 92FS works fine and shoots about as well as any of my semi-custom versions. I gradually upgraded it with an extended magazine release, better grips, sight paint (blacked out rear, fluorescent red/orange on the front), and a 16# hammer spring. The plastic or plastic coated parts I replaced too, but mainly because I like the classic look better, not because I think they are functionally problematic.

I decided to buy a 92fs compact L M9A1 and go from there. The slide was sent to WC for a G conversion and have a WC rear sight. Front sight is factory (not night sight). Replaced the hammer and trigger springs, and it has an all metal trigger. I also have a full size 92fs threaded barrel installed. On single action, if you pass gas, it will go off lol.

For $300 I can send the slide in and have them (company X) machine the front sight and install a night sight... meh, I'm good with my front sight being non-night sight.... the white dot is fine.

I shoot the best with this pistol and it is very accurate. I can keep my rounds in a credit card size target at 7-9 yards, and I'm just an average shooter.
20191026_043407.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads