JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,
I currently have a 615, Willamette tag but cannot seem to locate much land to hunt on. There are a couple pieces of Port Blakely and BLM parcels close to me, but they see quite a bit of pressure throughout the year. I used to have a good parcel that i was allowed to hunt, but it was logged this year and i think that the deer temporarily moved out. There has been very little sign and what there has been, has been mostly does. I know there is quite a bit of Port Blakely properties in the Willamette unit but none of it has posted boundries. It is easy enough to find ways into their properties, but i hate ending up on other peoples private property without knowing.
I am looking for any information that anyone is willing to offer up, on pieces of BLM, port Blakely or any other private properties i can hunt on. I would not consider myself a horn hunter, but rather a responsible deer hunter. I do prefer to shoot mature bucks wherever i hunt but its not about rack size. i also cannot get myself to shoot a doe this time of year, being that they should be done breeding by now.
Anyway, any information would be greatly appreciated. i am not looking for anyone to give up their secret spots. But i am looking for quality pieces of deer habitat that i can get the opportunity to learn.
Thanks and God bless,

yes, i understand that 97% private property is a lot. but 2-3% of 500,000+ acres is also quite substantial. And Port Blakely property is also considered Private.

Pick up the phone and start calling all of the wineries and vineyards. The harvest is over and a lot of those places have to spend big $$ on deer fencing. They might want you to use a shotgun instead of a rifle if they have neighbors nearby.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top