JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Out of curiosity why does one bad encounter rule out all the past good ones? maybe try to talk to the owner/manager and let them know one of their employee's is pushing customers away- assuming it isn't the boss man doing it.

Almost all of the employees there are actually partial owners. The guys all have day jobs and work at the store when they aren't working their other jobs. I think that if you told one of the other people there that you had a problem with someone, that they'd be very receptive.

I talked to the main owner about this thread last night (the initial negative post), and he told me he didn't know who/what it could have been, and was racking his brain to figure out who it was. If you have a negative experience here, they are definitely receptive to hearing about it.

Hate to plus one this- but I had gone there a few times and had great service- then it happened to me. AND I will never go back, ever. The guy was rude, and downright disrespectful.. I should have left with my money, but I guess I 'needed' the part too bad that day.
+3 I dont like leaving negative comments or feedback, but I had the same experience as these two gentlemen. I was even more upset because I was with my wife, and I was excited to go with her to a new gun place.

Somehow I don't believe this.. I cannot even think of any person who works at Willamette that would do this kind of stuff. These guys are always friendly, polite and professional. It's the ONLY gun store I like around here.. maybe you just took it the wrong way, maybe they didn't hear you when you asked if they were having a good day. I just don't see that these guys would do that kind of crap.
Its obvious from their rating on the forum they have customer service issues. You have multiple testimonies on this thread that confirm this.

I have been in there many times and purchased various items, always good service. I do not believe they are racist as I have seen too many different types of people in there all treated the same. The negitive comments do not fit my perceptions of this gun shop.

I've been in there probably three times, twice to look and once to buy a mosin nagant rifle. The two times I was just looking the fellows were nice and friendly enough but the time I came in to buy the rifle I got very ho hum service, the guy at the counter wasn't rude but he definitely wasn't doing anything to help me out or try to sell his products. It was the weekend so maybe he wasn't that excited to be there. I would give this place an average rating as I wouldn't say I got bad service but definitely wasn't blown away either. It appears this place is run by a small group of people and I have a feeling maybe one of the owners isn't the best at customer experience which would explain the hit and miss service. I will give this place another try, hopefully I'll get a little more love next time.

not sure where the "are they racist?" comment came from.

I have been in many times, sometimes with my 12 year old Son, and they have been friendly every time. One time I mentioned that I was looking for a Hogue Wraparound grip for my Officer's 1911, and one of the guys had one that came with his Officer's 1911 but didn't like, so he gave me a great deal on it. Plus they installed a new extractor on my 1911 and charged me a very fair price.

Plus, and this one is HUGE to me, they answer all the silly questions my Son can come up with, and don't treat him bad at all. They even let him hold an M1 after he asked if they had one.

I have purchased their 'store' brand remanufactured ammo which is top quality, and their prices are better than Bi Mart or Wal Mart.

I can't recommend these guys enough. They are courteous, knowledgeable, and can order anything you would like.

I just wish I had more $$$ to spend on my hobby, and to spend there--a local small business.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

They are a great bunch of guys over there. Every time the wife and I stop in they are quick to show her a new piece. Even if I am just browsing they always make time to catch up on what be happening in the realm of guns.....

Just went there to buy some mags, guys were courteous, and helped me out with questions as well. Stock was thin, but all small shops are having this problem, actually all shops period. They had some KCI glock 17 mags for $15 ea, and some Tapco poly AK mags for $10 ea. May all be gone by now, call for availability.

They are AWSOME. Walked in instant hello what can I do for ya. Held a gun for me. Prices better than any shop in portland area. Hard to find magazines instock. I will go back now and support this shop.... THANKS!

I have always had good service at WVA. They remember my name and always have a "How you doing" for me, of course I did bring them doughnuts from Donut Day on a slow weekend morning.

Jim

First time I came in staff seemed okay, prices were great.

Second time I came in and there was 3-4 staff and they were all acting extremely cocky. My brother inlaw wanted to go there to check it out and grab a swivel sling, so when we walked in no one said anything to us, so we graves the swivel and walked to the counter and asked about some of the ammo, and other things behind the shelf. At this point they started to act completely annoyed, my brother inlaw caught the hit and was like okay I'm ready check out, and handed the staff member the swivel. Staff menstrual only repleyed with "big spenders over here", quarter I heard this I was furious , what they didn't know is I had cash in my pocket to buy the AR10 behind the counter, o figured if they wanted to complain about a customer is giving them they shouldn't get nething

First time I came in staff seemed okay, prices were great.

Second time I came in and there was 3-4 staff and they were all acting extremely cocky. My brother inlaw wanted to go there to check it out and grab a swivel sling, so when we walked in no one said anything to us, so we graves the swivel and walked to the counter and asked about some of the ammo, and other things behind the shelf. At this point they started to act completely annoyed, my brother inlaw caught the hit and was like okay I'm ready check out, and handed the staff member the swivel. Staff menstrual only repleyed with "big spenders over here", quarter I heard this I was furious , what they didn't know is I had cash in my pocket to buy the AR10 behind the counter, o figured if they wanted to complain about a customer is giving them they shouldn't get nething

I'm incredibly surprised at this actually. They are almost always extremely kind to everyone, no matter what you're buying. I realize they DO tend to make some jokes about the ammo stuff which could potentially come off as cocky I guess. I am almost positive they meant no harm with the 'big spenders' comment, they aren't mean-spirited at all.

I suspect that if you brought it up with them you'd realize they always seem to have the best intentions.

I WILL note that they are often 3-4 deep at the counters, so they can possibly get 'short' at times if you don't push your way to the front.

LOL, its probably the new help they got and they're gun guys, some are not very good at sales, such as the younger guy who seems to just want to one up ya, they just make lame jokes at you, well actually their's only one guy that actually does that and if I see him on the street i'd probably give him a foot up the rear, but every shop has a few of those guys. But trust me when the boss is around they wouldn't be acting like that.

LOL, its probably the new help they got and they're gun guys, some are not very good at sales, such as the younger guy who seems to just want to one up ya, they just make lame jokes at you, well actually their's only one guy that actually does that and if I see him on the street i'd probably give him a foot up the rear, but every shop has a few of those guys. But trust me when the boss is around they wouldn't be acting like that.

LoL I wonder if its the same guy I feel about???

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top