JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A young woman hiker, got herself stuck in a high, steep, rocky area, above Multhnomah falls yesterday!
The Sheriffs Rescue says she did a lot of things right. She had a fully charged cell phone, a fully charged spare battery, and other emergency gear in her little pack! Great Jumping Jehoshaphat!!!
Are day hiking, probable snowflake types (she was kitted out with the latest clothes, gear and helmet) preparing for emergencies, no matter how small? Has she perhaps, bought a firearm for protection, possibly from right wingers!?!? :eek:
LOL!!! Just a little flight of fantasy, I'm heavily druged today, but I was taken by the story!
And, don't get me wrong! I truly admire that this young woman had her stuff in one bag (with her spare battery) that's very cool! Maybe a tiny ray of hope for our society! :)

Yeah, you have to bushwhack the old trail up multnomah creek ever since that landslide a few years back. Unless they restored the trail?
I'm surprised she had reception, a cellphone having reception in those hills is not something I would put my life on.
Maybe she'll bring some rope next time she wants to go climbing.

Up here in Puget Sound last weekend. We had 2 air lifts because of people not making good decisions. We had somebody drive a jeep off a 300 ft cliff killing the driver and airlifting the passenger to Harbor View medical center. Then some how a lady riding horse went off about a 30ft cliff. Her and the horse. Airlifted the lady out and hoisted up the horse.

Up here in Puget Sound last weekend. We had 2 air lifts because of people not making good decisions. We had somebody drive a jeep off a 300 ft cliff killing the driver and airlifting the passenger to Harbor View medical center. Then some how a lady riding horse went off about a 30ft cliff. Her and the horse. Airlifted the lady out and hoisted up the horse.

300 feet down in a Jeep? Yikes.

Yet she wasn't smart enough to stay away from places she had no way of making it out of... just sayin...:D
People see this on the news and with the mainstream of preparedness interests people are getting more aware.

But still mindless snowflakes
Maybe the snowflakes are starting to watch Instructor Zero. Was she wearing combat tights and decked out in 5.11?

300 feet down in a Jeep? Yikes.

This is being discussed a lot on a couple of the local Jeep Facebook pages I am on. Seams details of what actually caused the accident are lacking. My comment on it is it would appear from what little is in the articles that they were not wearing seat belts (the gal was some distance from where the jeep came to rest) though from the looks of the jeep I am not sure that would have helped much.

Is this the jeep crash? Article says the jeep went down 1000 ft and the woman was ejected at 400 ft. Holy cow! :s0001:

Man killed near Mount Rainier in Jeep crash identified. Rescued passenger in critical condition.

And from the sound of this the woman is lucky to be alive...

Rescuers' efforts save woman clinging to cliff after fatal Jeep crash near Mount Rainier

Hell, I was so damn proud of my kid a little bit back - I got a text asking where one of my first aid kits was.

She was going on a hike with friends and didn't think anyone else would bring one

It's a start at least and some verification that even if she doesn't act like it, she's still listening to her dad:cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top