JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Like the subject says, will the recent actions in Vegas cause you to make any changes in your life?

As for me, I probably won't change much. I abhor crowds. But it's been that way for quite awhile and I long ago gave up going to things like concerts and sporting events, simply because I hate dealing with crowds. I'd much rather just get together with a few friends and BBQ Tri Tips at somebody's house.

Just wondering if any of you will make any changes as a result of all this? But at the very least, please sit down with your families (if you have them and haven't done so already) and talk about what to do if you find yourself in a situation like Vegas. The time to come up with a plan is not when it's going down.

Stay safe!! :)

No, I'm antisocial and the only "getting out" I do other than work is to go into the woods.
I'm not worried about crazy gunman out there.
I'd be just as armed and feel safer in the woods than I do in town.

More discipline to my training, particularly physical fitness. I've been weight training in earnest since February, after the doctor told me no more running. With my full schedule I'm setting my alarm for 4:00am. It's been a little too easy to fall back to sleep some days so I stole an idea to post a picture of the clock in my garage every morning on Facebook in order to hold myself more accountable. Here is what I posted this morning:

IMG_0410.JPG
It is often said we don't know what we have until it's gone. More accurately we usually know what we have but just never think we'll loose it.

Train like your loved ones depend on it; there may come the time it does.

I'm an old, broken, fat guy and I have my limits. But I'm getting a little better each day.

^^ This

I pretty much do not go to social events period.

I am thinking of going to the Quake Up this weekend if I remember to.

I knew i was with birds of a feather here.... I get anxiety attacks if I go to Costco on the weekend let alone a venue concert like Vegas.... see ya'll out there in the woods... or not as that's kind of the point, right?

Will it change how I view the world when out and about? ... Not so much.
I tend to look for exits and plan a route on how to reach them wherever I go.
Also I have always tried to get a "read" on the folks around me.
Sad to "dust off" and reuse some of those Infantry mindsets ...but they may come in handy someday.

I did have a good talk with a school admin about our school's active shooter / lock down plan...and he seemed open to more discussion with my input ...we will see.
( Please note that I do not consider myself to be a security expert ...Just had some thoughts about what we plan for and how we act according to said plan )
Andy

I knew i was with birds of a feather here.... I get anxiety attacks if I go to Costco on the weekend let alone a venue concert like Vegas.... see ya'll out there in the woods... or not as that's kind of the point, right?

IF you see me in the woods, then you are trespassing on my property. :D

I am borderline Aspergers and that combined with my hearing problems makes me uncomfortable in noisy crowds. I don't mind shopping, but a social function, like a large party, is not fun. I never go to them if I can help it.

When I was growing up on the farm (several hundred acres) I would go up into the woods behing the orchard to be away from just my family (I have two brothers) as that got to be too much sometimes. I've always preferred the woods, which is why I now live on 20 forested acres - been looking at an 80 acre plot for my retirement, but not sure I could afford it, even at $4K per acre.

Probably not. I rarely go to shows quite as large the one in question anyways. I guess few of the artists I like command so large a fan base. Most are in the 50-2,000 concert attendee range. Even so I've always made it a point to locate exits ahead of time anyways, but that's more in case of earthquakes, fires, and the like.

I assess situations and avoid crowds. When I'm in a restaurant I'm always watching the door, the patrons and where the nearest exit is. And I always carry. Always.

Renewed my promise to myself to carry EVERY time I leave the house. I've been getting very lazy about it. Also looking for a local (WA state) organization to fight for our rights.

I hope you didn't just now realize that the world has become a very messed up place and that you need to be more aware and cautious of where you go. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads