JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't believe so,

the Koreans defended K-town using unregistered handguns and several rifles that violated the CA AWB in 1992. not one was prosecuted. in Katrina... there are reports that racially motivated vigilantes shot and killed people for being black (although that is based largely on one guy with questionable motivations) although there has never been an investigation.

When Rule of Law is restored, and it will be restored, chances are rather low you'll be prosecuted for protecting yourself.

Very interesting points. I that pretty much answers my question, thank you.

A body left rotting near you, say your doorstep, lawn, near door, etc poses a very high risk to you in terms of exposure by air. I know it is a foul thing to face up to, and gross to ponder.

One survival blog has giant contractor-sized bags or 'body bags' pretty near the top of the list of must haves. Cremation (almost impossible in SHTF scenario), burial, sealing up the body in a durable bag. or simply moving in far from you are the options before all the nasty airborne crap takes hold.

What a wonderful future we have for ourselves (possible, not absolute).

On that note, time to head to Fred Meyer and continue to enjoy what I know are the last of the good times. Everyday should be thought of as like a trip to Disneyland compared to what might be.

dead bodies go in the garden a good wood chipper is a time saver. Do it while they are fresh and get them rototiller in good. better then fish meal fertilizer

Damnit Burt! It is painful when you are so right. However I am hoping that "easiest populace" ends at the Gummer, Polished Brass, knuckleheads of Americas doorstep. (errr ... fieldcraft hide)

In a true SHTF scenario, people are going to be dropping like flies from starvation. .... When the population is greatly reduced, weakened, starving, and submissive, that is when gov steps in and firearms are all confiscated in exchange for tomato soup and a turkey sandwich. ... Let's face it. Americans are so dependent on the system, so helpless without mommy government, that they will be the easiest populace ever to be brought under absolute tyranny and control. A cake walk.

A body left rotting near you, say your doorstep, lawn, near door, etc poses a very high risk to you in terms of exposure by air. I know it is a foul thing to face up to, and gross to ponder.

One survival blog has giant contractor-sized bags or 'body bags' pretty near the top of the list of must haves. Cremation (almost impossible in SHTF scenario), burial, sealing up the body in a durable bag. or simply moving in far from you are the options before all the nasty airborne crap takes hold.

What a wonderful future we have for ourselves (possible, not absolute).

On that note, time to head to Fred Meyer and continue to enjoy what I know are the last of the good times. Everyday should be thought of as like a trip to Disneyland compared to what might be.

Better get some good gloves, masks, Lysol disinfectant (to clean things or tools or anything that touches the body) some cider vinegar to kill the bacteria where the body was lying.

Either bury the body and toss some lime in over the body to help kill pathogens Talk:Calcium oxide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
or pile up some wood and burn it one. You decide

Wholesale Body Bags, Disaster Pouch for coroner, funeral, cremation

except for the body bags I am all set,

Some of those body bags look like they could be part of a decent hammock emergency sleep system.

Better get some good gloves, masks, Lysol disinfectant (to clean things or tools or anything that touches the body) some cider vinegar to kill the bacteria where the body was lying.

Either bury the body and toss some lime in over the body to help kill pathogens Talk:Calcium oxide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
or pile up some wood and burn it one. You decide

Wholesale Body Bags, Disaster Pouch for coroner, funeral, cremation

except for the body bags I am all set,

I know someone who use to use a body bag for a sleeping, I cannot remember if they had a condensation problem or not, I would think there would be it has been my experience that most similar materials do not breathe well and makes sense you would not want a body bag breathing but that is not my are of expertise, but I will inquire next I talk to them.

If order is restored you can expect to be investigated.
If its not restored then not so much to worry about, but at that point you might need to worry more about the guys looking to dish out a local version of retribution justice unconstrained by real legalities.

So if you were to bury a body, for whatever motivation (proper burial even though they tried to kill you, sanitation, prevent retaliation, etc...) would that then be considered as trying to hide eveidence once/if order is restored? Would you then be required to go to the police that get reestablished and report that you defended yourself?

Just a bad scenario all around. That's why we need disruptors, nothing to clean up... :)

I wonder in "certain counties" or cities that don't allow loaded open carry and shtf/wrol begins. If a guy successfuly defends himself and family by taking out a few punks, then in a week or two order is restored what then? Especially if he removed threat while not at his residence. If someone proves he shot someone in self defense, outside his house and has no concealed carry permit is he now a felon?

Probably, and that could happen to me. Complete unconstitutional bull crap but its the law here in Multnomah.

Unless the D.A felt nice and wanted to drop the charges.

Go for what will not go for, oil lamps and oil, engine oils (you pour right into your diesel fuel tank on more older diesels and will burn fine) batteries, batteries, batteries all shapes and sizes you can sort them out later, food? OH YEAH, sealed containers of what ever, juices, vitamins, under wear, socks, shoes. Most looter do go after the important they are used to things going back to normal and in a complete shtf scenario they will normalcy ingrained in and will go for high electronics.

If you can use the high end electronics by all means, but in a total shtf scenario IMO other goods will be more important.

Are you one of those New Orleans Police Officers? :D

Interesting concept. I'm sure the real answers are as widely varied as the LEO's are. It all depends on who's checking your neighborhood when the time comes to do rounds.

I expect a real collapse/disaster situation to play out a lot more like Burt describes.

Here's my twist on it though:

They won't really bat an eye at piles of bodies littering the alleys.

You will stick out FAR more by committing the unthinkable act, of surviving.

...during Katrina...Did LE conduct in depth investigations into shootings during SHTF? What about after?

I doubt that the New Orleans Police Department ever conducted a legitimate investigation into a shooting prior to Katrina. During and after Katrina, I'm pretty sure they didn't suddenly get religion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top