JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got off the phone with a local gun dealer who told me that about three weeks ago he received an email from ATF which said that they were currently questioning the validity of NFA trusts. They claim that current wording only allows transfer to a "person", rather than another entity. They did not say so in the email but it was obvious that they were considering not approving future trusts at some point using these grounds. Any comments or further insight?

A friend of a friend's second cousin heard that suppressors will be removed from the the NFA act. No more $200 tax stamp required.

That's about as believable as what the local dealer told you, unless he has actual proof to show you.

"They did not say so in the email but it was obvious that they were considering not approving future trusts at some point using these grounds."

Hey, I can bold, italicize and underline too!

My cat thinks the NFA Trusts are likely to continue. But she does allow for the possibility of adding prints pictures and CLEO sign-off on every trust member as though they were for a single individual.

Just got off the phone with a local gun dealer who told me that about three weeks ago he received an email from ATF which said that they were currently questioning the validity of NFA trusts. They claim that current wording only allows transfer to a "person", rather than another entity. They did not say so in the email but it was obvious that they were considering not approving future trusts at some point using these grounds. Any comments or further insight?

your local gun dealer did not receive an email from the atf.

your local gun dealer read this article, or heard a mangled version of it second or third hand and got confused:
http://blog.princelaw.com/2014/05/1...or-manufacture-of-new-machineguns-for-trusts/

They actually approved and almost immediately denied several form 1 MGs. There is a thread on arf about it. One guy got a call telling him to mail his stamp back. He is currently seeking legal council to see if that's legal for BATFE to actually do.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top