JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You made me do it, Andy... :s0140:
Bruce Almighty I Got The Power GIF by Jim Carrey

Andy...:D

We all have probably read or seen how the IRS has been training to raid homes, their use of force protocols and ads.
My question is can they team up with local law enforcement to seize property without a warrant. Specifically come to seize our firearms especially if an AWB is put into place. The IRS is becoming militarized. What is that going to look like?
Just thinking out loud after reading a few articles...these agencies have way too much power.
Why would they do that? They have their BATFag cousins to do any such dirty work.
Better to worry about your local tweekers confiscating your weapons.

It gives me some comfort to know that I don't have to live in fear of perceived government overreach. If for no other reason than because my candle is burning low and "they" don't have that much time left to bother me.

Used to be, pre-cyber world, news information typically and usually came through sources that were vetted. Such as by a news room editor, or a newspaper editor. These days, any anus can get on the internet and spread misinformation.

The money allocated to the IRS recently under the "Inflation Reduction Act" (I don't see how any of it will reduce inflation) is based on previously stated estimates from the IRS itself. Which envisioned making up for many years of funding shortfalls, providing for natural attrition of retiring employees, and enhancing taxpayer compliance programs. The 87,000 hires were to take place incrementally through the year 2031. The overwhelming number of these positions are administrative in nature. The idea wasn't about hiring 87,000 new jackbooted thugs to be turned out into neighborhoods breaking down doors. So don't worry overly about this.

It gives me some comfort to know that I don't have to live in fear of perceived government overreach. If for no other reason than because my candle is burning low and "they" don't have that much time left to bother me.

Used to be, pre-cyber world, news information typically and usually came through sources that were vetted. Such as by a news room editor, or a newspaper editor. These days, any anus can get on the internet and spread misinformation.

The money allocated to the IRS recently under the "Inflation Reduction Act" (I don't see how any of it will reduce inflation) is based on previously stated estimates from the IRS itself. Which envisioned making up for many years of funding shortfalls, providing for natural attrition of retiring employees, and enhancing taxpayer compliance programs. The 87,000 hires were to take place incrementally through the year 2031. The overwhelming number of these positions are administrative in nature. The idea wasn't about hiring 87,000 new jackbooted thugs to be turned out into neighborhoods breaking down doors. So don't worry overly about this.
When I was 18, I had a 19yo girlfriend who's father lived at my apartments. The GF and the rest of their family live in a nice house in Walnut, CA. No doubt he was paying for.

After one date I dropped her back at her father's apartment. He came down the stairs dawning a robe, doing his best Fred Sandford. Glaring at me he said, do you know what time it is? Looking at my watch, I said, yeh. It's 2am (and we did what he thought we did).

He was an IRS agent. Every year from 18 through around 30 (ok, not every year, but a lot), I would get some form or even phone calls from IRS. Who audits an impoverished 18yo? I never made money until my late 30s. I always believed the dad put some flag against my name due to their bad relationship, which he blamed me for.

Thank God he wasn't armed. I know because I'm alive.

When I was 18, I had a 19yo girlfriend who's father lived at my apartments. The GF and the rest of their family live in a nice house in Walnut, CA. No doubt he was paying for.

After one date I dropped her back at her father's apartment. He came down the stairs dawning a robe, doing his best Fred Sandford. Glaring at me he said, do you know what time it is? Looking at my watch, I said, yeh. It's 2am (and we did what he thought we did).

He was an IRS agent. Every year from 18 through around 30 (ok, not every year, but a lot), I would get some form or even phone calls from IRS. Who audits an impoverished 18yo? I never made money until my late 30s. I always believed the dad put some flag against my name due to their bad relationship, which he blamed me for.

Sounds 100% spot on. In so many ways. Sadly it can be a very petty world.

I'm actually totally jealous @gmerkt I wish I was a bit longer in the tooth I'm not eager at all to see what the future holds. You are so correct about the vetting, its one of the biggest reasons I hate the interwebs. The firehouse of info is more than most (including I) can usually hash out. I don't find it fun at all more stress than anything, but there are occasional chuckles.

Mistake #1 was not vetting her before getting involved. Treat ALL IRS and their entire families as lepers.

Mistake #1 was not vetting her before getting involved. Treat ALL IRS and their entire families as lepers
You want government employee vindictiveness? Look no further than one of our more recent presidents (I won't mention names), who is very well known for firing people, obsessing over revenge, suing them in retaliation, etc.

Last Edited:
I'm actually totally jealous @gmerkt I wish I was a bit longer in the tooth I'm not eager at all to see what the future holds. You are so correct about the vetting, its one of the biggest reasons I hate the interwebs. The firehouse of info is more than most (including I) can usually hash out. I don't find it fun at all more stress than anything, but there are occasional chuckles.
Don't wish your life away, make the best of it and treasure those whom you love and let them know it.

American society is highly polarized these days, moreso than recent decades but maybe not in an historical sense. In my view, the two main reasons for this is the ease of communication and the amount of information that it contains. Maybe a third reason, lack of filters. People don't seem to have any boundaries and this behavior isn't limited to communications. Take driving, for instance.

Looks like a popular thread and a great chance to try my new @Certaindeaf Thread Title Translator...(Patent Pending)

So far, I can only translate from English into the Certaindeafalect. Once I improve the algorithm, I should be able to translate a Certaindeafalect post into an arrangement of words that even the newest forum member can understand.

I take the thread title....
Will new IRS agents seize firearms after they push through AWB?

Run the CTTT

i like turtles GIF

And instantly, I receive the output.

Chikkin Weasel gotta WEEEZ?

Don't wish your life away, make the best of it and treasure those whom you love and let them know it.

American society is highly polarized these days, moreso than recent decades but maybe not in an historical sense. In my view, the two main reasons for this is the ease of communication and the amount of information that it contains. Maybe a third reason, lack of filters. People don't seem to have any boundaries and this behavior isn't limited to communications. Take driving, for instance.
I am thankful for my good health. Things could be a lot worse, And probably will be soon both health wise and other.
Thanks for the words of encouragement. Even if I do feel like Atlas most of the time.

Looks like a popular thread and a great chance to try my new @Certaindeaf Thread Title Translator...(Patent Pending)

So far, I can only translate from English into the Certaindeafalect. Once I improve the algorithm, I should be able to translate a Certaindeafalect post into an arrangement of words that even the newest forum member can understand.

Run the CTTT

i like turtles GIF

Funniest post all week...so far.

Run the CTTT

i like turtles GIF

Nose milk.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR