JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
California, NY, NJ, just for example, defies what you are saying. I can't be happy that a select few are able to exercise their rights. As SCOTUS says you can the state of California illegally says you can't.

Where's the conspiracy? For the government to say, we will allow you to keep property you already own outright, already leans toward forewarnings. How about this? The people keep their property and continue as free people to buy what they want?
Those states banned stuff, but they didn't confiscate. In the case of NY, they demanded registering AR15s and nearly 1 million of them were not.

So it really isn't analogous to a national ban, since you can't move out of state or sell your rifle out of state, like CA residents.

And the massive non-compliance in NY - not Alabama - should tell lawmakers something about how well a national version of such a law would go.

Those states banned stuff, but they didn't confiscate. In the case of NY, they demanded registering AR15s and nearly 1 million of them were not.

So it really isn't analogous to a national ban, since you can't move out of state or sell your rifle out of state, like CA residents.

And the massive non-compliance in NY - not Alabama - should tell lawmakers something about how well a national version of such a law would go.
"National Ban"?
The States are doing it themselves with workarounds.

"Nobody is coming for your weapons." - They don't need to. There are thousands of non-compliant / unregistered weapons all throughout Cali. The minute the Eye of Sauron focuses on any detail in these people's lives - they will get snatched up.
Red Flag Laws? - Or, how about New Orleans after Katrina hit?
You got a safe now - right?
It's a slow burn. Methodically and with intention - the stranglehold continues unabated.
When was the last time you tried buying ammo in Cali?
Stocked up on 10 round mags yet?
Big fan of, "Grandfather" clauses?

I could continue. But we all get the point.

You are moving the bar. Now it's confiscation. My point has always been government overreach and ignoring 2A and SCOTUS rulings. Not to mention red flag laws, which actually is confiscation with no representation. Also not necessary.

The police have always been able to snatch guns, but usually connected to an arrest. Sorta makes sense that way 🤔.

The government desires to remove your chosen method of self defense but makes no guarantee to defend/protect you. They have no constitutional authority to do that to innocent citizens.

The reason there are grandfather clauses is because of the enormous cost and absolute impossibility of confiscating all the banned guns.

"Incrementalism" is a fine theory, but in 2022 you can conceal in every state and there have never been more military style semiauto rifles in civilian hands. The Incrementalists have failed spectacularly, to date.
Phuqing troll.. Gimme a break. Lol. This is utter ridiculousness. Theres no way anyone even remotely semi aware could think this unless your out and out trying to avoid the obvious facts.

"Military style semi auto" HA! HAHA! glad I'm not too old I might have shat myself at that one. What a joke.

Obvious troll congrats your on my ignore list.

"National Ban"?
The States are doing it themselves with workarounds.

"Nobody is coming for your weapons." - They don't need to. There are thousands of non-compliant / unregistered weapons all throughout Cali. The minute the Eye of Sauron focuses on any detail in these people's lives - they will get snatched up.
Red Flag Laws? - Or, how about New Orleans after Katrina hit?
You got a safe now - right?
It's a slow burn. Methodically and with intention - the stranglehold continues unabated.
When was the last time you tried buying ammo in Cali?
Stocked up on 10 round mags yet?
Big fan of, "Grandfather" clauses?

I could continue. But we all get the point.
The thread subjecr is Fed confiscation.

You are moving the bar. Now it's confiscation. My point has always been government overreach and ignoring 2A and SCOTUS rulings. Not to mention red flag laws, which actually is confiscation with no representation. Also not necessary.

The police have always been able to snatch guns, but usually connected to an arrest. Sorta makes sense that way 🤔.

The government desires to remove your chosen method of self defense but makes no guarantee to defend/protect you. They have no constitutional authority to do that to innocent citizens.
The thread and my comments are about a Fed ban and a Fed agency.

zi6giwpct5i91.jpg

In 20 years - in Portland - two Cab drivers, One Real Estate Agent and one Precious Metals dealer.

Hard Uniforms - ballistic shields - Automatic rifles.
All searching for 'undeclared assets'.
It's a bigger. crappier world than most 30 year olds can even imagine.

When I was born - owning gold was illegal.

View attachment 1259093
Here's a list of press releases from the IRS's Criminal Investigation division; let me know which ones you think were undeserved: https://www.irs.gov/compliance/criminal-investigation/criminal-investigation-press-releases

Here's a case where firearms were seized: https://www.irs.gov/compliance/crim...-pleads-guilty-to-unlicensed-firearms-dealing

The proposed AWB has a grandfather clause.

The Justice Department has an agency that oveseas firearms law.

Why would the Treasury Department waste its resources on confiscating assets with no resale value?
So what if they're grandfathered. As you alluded, that bill robs me and every other "assault weapon" owner in America is robbed of the value of those rifles. For some, it will be a massive financial loss . That was the basis for Judge Benitez' ruling blocking the magazine ban, however briefly. And hopefully that will lead to this federal ban being stillborn.

So what if they're grandfathered. As you alluded, that bill robs me and every other "assault weapon" owner in America is robbed of the value of those rifles. For some, it will be a massive financial loss . That was the basis for Judge Benitez' ruling blocking the magazine ban, however briefly. And hopefully that will lead to this federal ban being stillborn.
"So what?" Again, this thread is about the IRS, a Federal agency, confiscating guns due to the AWB.

What guns are they going to be able to confiscate if the bill grandfathers what is already out there? The ban would prevent new items from being sold, so no one would have them to get confiscated.

This is a constant problem on this forum: You can't make a statement of fact without that statement being read as commentary on some philosophical issue. The fact is the AWB bill doesn't have any confiscation, and I am not saying that is good or bad.

I suspect that one (of many?) reason that the IRS is going for a bunch (how many will actually be armed?) of armed agents may be tied to the proposed ATF rules on 80% lowers and rules on braces.
How do new rules on lowers affect an agency that collects income tax, not sales or property tax?

I suspect that one (of many?) reason that the IRS is going for a bunch (how many will actually be armed?) of armed agents may be tied to the proposed ATF rules on 80% lowers and rules on braces.
Than why not add ATF agents? Unless I'm missing something there is nothing in the ATF reclassification that makes it an IRS issue. Maybe JMHO, but wouldn't going after criminal organizations using RICO statutes and forensic accounting (something widely used by prosecutors to prove the 'O" part of RICO) be a much more likely reason for adding armed agents?

Here's a list of press releases from the IRS's Criminal Investigation division; let me know which ones you think were undeserved: https://www.irs.gov/compliance/criminal-investigation/criminal-investigation-press-releases

Here's a case where firearms were seized: https://www.irs.gov/compliance/crim...-pleads-guilty-to-unlicensed-firearms-dealing
The problem is that the IRS has been previously weaponized against the political opposition of the Obama Administration, and gun owners are the political opposition of the current administration and the legislators that passed this nonsense. IMO they are not to be trusted in this manner.

Remember this?

Than why not add ATF agents? Unless I'm missing something there is nothing in the ATF reclassification that makes it an IRS issue. Maybe JMHO, but wouldn't going after criminal organizations using RICO statutes and forensic accounting (something widely used by prosecutors to prove the 'O" part of RICO) be a much more likely reason for adding armed agents?
Braces make a pistol into an SBR which doesn't have a tax stamp. Voila` - IRS issue.

The problem is that the IRS has been previously weaponized against the political opposition of the Obama Administration, and gun owners are the political opposition of the current administration and the legislators that passed this nonsense. IMO they are not to be trusted in this manner.

Remember this?
Pot, meet kettle

Pot, meet kettle

One was debunked, the other wasn't. The one you cite was a political response by the Democrats for getting caught in the Tea Party scandal and was later debunked as political targeting. Note that the article was published by the heavily politically biased "The Hill",

One was debunked, the other wasn't. The one you cite was a political response by the Democrats for getting caught in the Tea Party scandal and was later debunked as political targeting. Note that the article was published by the heavily politically biased "The Hill",
The Hill? It is centrist, with a left lean. Far from The Atlantic, Politico, MSNBC, et al...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top