JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
over my 50 years of paying taxes, I've dealt with California, Oregon and the IRS over disputed taxes
I found Oregon worse than the IRS, you live in their state and they WILL make your life miserable and even actively address it with your employer
they will threaten asset forfeiture, but they only want their money
never had to get a lawyer, just dealt with them directly
when the IRS put a lean on my property out here, we just walked in the door of their Vancouver office and worked out the discrepancy
I never found Oregon or the IRS as scary as people make them out to be - they just want their money, not your home or guns
Sadly Governments are ALWAYS hungry for cash. They will do whatever they are allowed to get away with to get more. The only time they slow down is when they feel some of them will lose their jobs if they push too hard. People really do get the Government they deserve. :(

We all have probably read or seen how the IRS has been training to raid homes, their use of force protocols and ads.
My question is can they team up with local law enforcement to seize property without a warrant. Specifically come to seize our firearms especially if an AWB is put into place. The IRS is becoming militarized. What is that going to look like?
Just thinking out loud after reading a few articles...these agencies have way too much power.
The gun bill that recently passed the House grandfathers in already owned AW.

The IRS has always garnished wages and seized assets for non-payment of taxes….it's entirely probable that they will conduct searches to seize assets that go bang!
They'll be doing way, way more searches for your "boomsticks" that have a paper-trail.

So they'll move that to the Interview stage. Lots of banana-republics make their new recruits prove their loyalty by executing a political prisoner or dissident, and we're catching up frighteningly fast.
Exactly what I was thinking. The IRS got caught with their pants down on that advertisement, so they just quietly removed that bullet point from the public's eye cuz of the obvious backlash. It'll come back up in the applicants' interviews. And John Q. and Mary J. Public will think that the day has been saved because the true intentions of the IRS have been removed from a job posting, and they'll go about their merry little lives - until the IRS shows up at their door...

The gun bill that recently passed the House grandfathers in already owned AW.
Do I get to keep ma car too?

Not a direct snap at you, but I don't thank the government for allowing me to keep property I already paid for. Wrong is wrong. Talking heads have been lying in the media for decades.

They say, well you can't have machine guns. You can't own cannons. Lies or lies of omissions are still lies. The truth is, the vast majority of Americans can. It's just not that important to them. Much like owning a fighter jet or tiger. If you are willing to jump through the hoops and pay the fees, almost anything is legal.

About as likely as the Post Office raiding your house to seize firearms. They push paper, and in a limited scope they seize assets to settle tax claims.

That said, when in the modern history of the United States has there been targeted in-home seizures of firearms related to a weapons ban? I can't think of one.

Remember "revenuers"?
Sure do - Grandpa and almost everybody else made moonshine on their farms. I still remember as a youngster making a pilgrimage back there in the 60's and Dad brought home a jug of homemade. The story is that the Sheriff would send a few of the Deputies ahead of him and the revenuers to warn them before they showed up.

I would think that the newly enacted Red Flag Laws are the opening salvo in the gun grabbers arsenal.
The bigger issue in current times, regardless of the law, is no one to stop them. We need some of those sun glasses from the movie, They Live. Pelosi, Schumer and all their geriatric flunkies literally bent at the knee of their overlords.

For those that say, you're overreacting. I say, enjoy your 10 round magazines, Washington. Enjoy your grandfathered firearms or whatever they let you have for the moment. Underreacting never works.

Last Edited:
Well, this is concerning because the IRS is supposed to be accountants who go over your tax returns, not door kickers. The door kicking is the purview of the US Marshalls.
They're turning the IRS into some sort of Rambo with a briefcase. Just how many "Enforcement agents: does the US government need?
As many as they need to make everyone fearful enough to obey is how many they need, and they will keep adding more and more until that is exactly what will happen, just wait until they take everyone's guns.....

1660609424197.png

They've been militarized for decades. Nothing new there.

All that's new now is the information gleaned - they recently purchased lots of ammo.... they did post that job listing.... and there are 87,000 new IRS employees desired.
Two sides to the coin, 87k is what they'd like to hire, but about 50k current IRS employees are close to retirement. It's not doubling in size, more like increasing in size by 50%.

Raise your hand if you've ever encountered a "militarized" IRS agent. The most I've ever seen is a letter…because they push paper.

Do I get to keep ma car too?

Not a direct snap at you, but I don't thank the government for allowing me to keep property I already paid for. Wrong is wrong. Talking heads have been lying in the media for decades.

They say, well you can't have machine guns. You can't own cannons. Lies or lies of omissions are still lies. The truth is, the vast majority of Americans can. It's just not that important to them. Much like owning a fighter jet or tiger. If you are willing to jump through the hoops and pay the fees, almost anything is legal.
Sadly this is why we are in this mess. A LOT of people are happy to just sit back and allow rights to be taken. As long as they feel the people in power are going to "take care of them" they are fine with it. Maybe a little grumbling but they just go along. As long as that promise to take care of them is held out. By the time people wake up and find out its not good its too late then. History just keeps repeating because so many just do not want to see it. :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top