JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i'd say foot pursuit is out of the question due to thigh chafing.
Maybe some of that money is for Segways?
1660756053205.png

Ted Nugent 1975

In the early morning hours there's a din in the air;
Mayhem's on the loose
Stormtroopers comin', and you better be prepared
Got no time to choose

[Chorus]
Get ready. Stormtroopers comin'

[Verse 2]
Comin' up that street, jackboots steppin' high
Got to make a stand
Looking in your windows and listen to your phone
Keep a gun in your hand
[Chorus]
Get ready. Stormtroopers comin' around

[Verse 3]
Two hundred down, and it's comin' 'round again
Got no second choice
Where's the justice and where's that law
Raise your healthy voice

[Outro-Chorus]
We'll be ready. Stormtroopers comin'
Getting ready. Stormtroopers comin'

Why is the IRS hiring so many agents and posting job descriptions that include the requirement that the agents be willing to use lethal force and be armed?
Short answer: For reasond that have nothing to do with an unpassed AWB.

The IRS is grossly understaffed and the new tax law is only going to produce the revenue it should if it's enforced.

I imagine armed agents have more to do with why Capone went to prison than any gun law.

I just don't get how these topics got mixed together. It's like saying the Fish and Game department are causing it to rain because fish happen to live in water. There's no reasonable connection.

The IRS is grossly understaffed and the new tax law is only going to produce the revenue it should if it's enforced.
What the IRS needs, in terms of staff, is better lawyers to go after the big time taxpayers who they are afraid to confront because they can afford the best tax lawyers and accountants.

I really doubt that knocking on the doors (or an accountant/auditor going over their tax return) of someone who forgot to include the $150 in interest they got paid on the checking account balance, is going to result in much revenue, especially when you take into account (pun intended) the cost of the staff required to do that.

Just guessing, but I would not be surprised that most tax cheats are either small time cheats who deal in cash, or big time cheats with hidden offshore bank accounts.

Yeah. And no one has dissolved Congress... yet!

I'm just always a little weirded out by how people can make a conspiracy out of nothing. If the govt does come after your guns, it isn't going to be by sending accountants out to do it. Having yet another armed LE agency doesn't change the danger either way - someone in charge has to give the order. IRS agents don't have some sort of arcane gun-sniffing power that the ATF does not.
They are not hiring Accountants or haven't you figured that out yet.

What the IRS needs, in terms of staff, is better lawyers to go after the big time taxpayers who they are afraid to confront because they can afford the best tax lawyers and accountants.

I really doubt that knocking on the doors (or an accountant/auditor going over their tax return) of someone who forgot to include the $150 in interest they got paid on the checking account balance, is going to result in much revenue, especially when you take into account (pun intended) the cost of the staff required to do that.

Just guessing, but I would not be surprised that most tax cheats are either small time cheats who deal in cash, or big time cheats with hidden offshore bank accounts.
The new enforcement includes expanded audits for incomes over $400k. That requires more agents, regardless of whether you or I think that's a good methodology.

The new enforcement includes expanded audits for incomes over $400k. That requires more agents, regardless of whether you or I think that's a good methodology.
Why is that a good thing? We tax payers aren't asking for it and clearly tax money could be better spent elsewhere.

Of all things government tells us to fear, suburbanites making $400k never makes the list.

Why is that a good thing? We tax payers aren't asking for it and clearly tax money could be better spent elsewhere.

Of all things government tells us to fear, suburbanites making $400k never makes the list.
Why are you asking me? Did I say it was good? Nope.

Why is the IRS hiring so many agents and posting job descriptions that include the requirement that the agents be willing to use lethal force and be armed?
How many agents are they hiring, and who gave you that information? Will they be run out of a DC pizza parlor?

They are hiring all sorts of people. The listings are public - go look at them.

The armed part of the IRS is currently 2100 agents.
Which goes back to my 1st posting in this thread. Why does the IRS need any armed agents? Why can't t they send FBI or US Marshall's to get "dangerous " tax scofflaws? Why aren't they using the funding to hire CPAs or enrolled agents? People who have some experience and understanding of tax law. I get that they need secretaries and clerical types. I just don't see why the IRS needs gunhands.

Which goes back to my 1st posting in this thread. Why does the IRS need any armed agents? Why can't t they send FBI or US Marshall's to get "dangerous " tax scofflaws? Why aren't they using the funding to hire CPAs or enrolled agents? People who have some experience and understanding of tax law. I get that they need secretaries and clerical types. I just don't see why the IRS needs gunhands.
They don't.

Because there is always overreach with these agencies. The IRS will simply call the confiscation "Asset forfeiture ".
So, no connection. Just a random occurance.

Because the IRS investigates and arrests certain types of financial fraud. It's on the IRS website if you want to learn from a real source.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top