JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those states banned stuff, but they didn't confiscate. In the case of NY, they demanded registering AR15s and nearly 1 million of them were not.

And the massive non-compliance in NY - not Alabama - should tell lawmakers something about how well a national version of such a law would go.
You appear to be intentionally ignoring the obvious thing you just tripped over.....

With a stroke of the pen they make law abiding citizens criminals.
The non compliance is "tolerated" until the moment it's not.

Sort of like a noose around your neck. It doesn't kill you until someone pulls on the other end.

BBB_10_Principles-768x1024.png

Take a gander at principle #10 .

This may explain why the irs needs ground troops.

Braces make a pistol into an SBR which doesn't have a tax stamp. Voila` - IRS issue.
When $200 fine snowballs into $100K salary plus retirement. Braces, whether you like them or not, are still legal in most states and are not unregistered SBRs for the moment. That $200 goes to ATF not the IRS. I think an IRS agent has no more authority than an EPA or FAA agent over tax stamps.

Roxanne Bland, Forbes Contributor, suggests tax code could be used to influence gun owners' behavior. She doesn't specify the agency responsible for collecting taxes, but does suggest tax deductions for those who participate in training and weapons storage at a Federally Licensed Range.

I think it is worth a read. If you don't have the time, I have included a screenshot of her conclusion.
There is even an option to listen. (Listen at 2X speed if you are in a rush)...:D

These types of ideas are out there...whether it is included in current legislation or not. Weighing possibility against probability, and preparing for what you consider to be likelihood, might be the only control you have.

UIcon.png

When $200 fine snowballs into $100K salary plus retirement. Braces, whether you like them or not, are still legal in most states and are not unregistered SBRs for the moment. That $200 goes to ATF not the IRS. I think an IRS agent has no more authority than an EPA or FAA agent over tax stamps.
I do believe that the IRS has authority to enforce laws regarding any federal tax.

Hiring 87k new agents isn't the same thing as hiring armed agents. Unless you have info the confirms that ALL the new hires will be armed agents?
Maybe, maybe not.

Surely the 2A community has inferred that the IRS is hiring armed agents and that the 87K will be armed. I doubt they all will be, but the posted job descriptions/positions did include that as a requirement - until the IRS removed it.

I am sure the gov will find a way.

Also, they may be planning new legislation taxing existing "Assault weapons".
That tax would not be collected by IRS. So why are we talking about the IRS?
You appear to be intentionally ignoring the obvious thing you just tripped over.....

With a stroke of the pen they make law abiding citizens criminals.
The non compliance is "tolerated" until the moment it's not.

Sort of like a noose around your neck. It doesn't kill you until someone pulls on the other end.
Who said I'm ignoring it? I said that Democrats must be aware of it.

There's nothing to debate in what I posted.

Roxanne Bland, Forbes Contributor, suggests tax code could be used to influence gun owners' behavior. She doesn't specify the agency responsible for collecting taxes, but does suggest tax deductions for those who participate in training and weapons storage at a Federally Licensed Range.

I think it is worth a read. If you don't have the time, I have included a screenshot of her conclusion.
There is even an option to listen. (Listen at 2X speed if you are in a rush)...:D

These types of ideas are out there...whether it is included in current legislation or not. Weighing possibility against probability, and preparing for what you consider to be likelihood, might be the only control you have.

View attachment 1259800
It's not all the new legal gun owners causing an increased expense in caring for the victims. It's the lack of law enforcement and pandering to the criminal element that has caused an increase in violence and shootings.

The top two causes of gun related deaths are suicide and gang activity, The top cause of all shootings is gang activity. I'd like to see the stats on unjustified/accidental shootings by new gun owners. I'd wager that alone would destroy her conclusion.

The increase in gun ownership is due to people realizing that neutered law enforcement can't protect them while violent crime is on the rise. These are not people who want to go around shooting things up. These are people who simply want to protect themselves and their loved ones in the increasing absence of rule of law.

Last Edited:
Why is the IRS hiring so many agents and posting job descriptions that include the requirement that the agents be willing to use lethal force and be armed?
I guess it's just me being a "it's white on this side" kind of guy, but the 'why' they are hiring so many agents has been well publicized, there is no evidence that the job description in question applies to all new hires and AFAIK there is no evidence that this is a new or in anyway unique job description that hasn't been posted for years.

I guess it's just me being a "it's white on this side" kind of guy, but the 'why' they are hiring so many agents has been well publicized, there is no evidence that the job description in question applies to all new hires and AFAIK there is no evidence that this is a new or in anyway unique job description that hasn't been posted for years.
There is nothing in the job description that excludes any applicants either. Generally, if the description states a requirement, it applies to all who apply for that position, not just some - otherwise it would state that qualifier/exception.

The disconnect is possibly between how many agents the description is for - the full 87K in news articles, or just some fraction.

You're making my morning.
That looks like a room full of free guns to me.

Those fu<&in nerds make my knuckles itch.

Can't stop grinning
The only one that stands out to me in a positive way is the black girl with the reddish hair in picture two. I'd say her parents are likely gun owners who have taught her proper safety.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top