JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And that is different than how every LEO in 'Meraca! from the smallest Podunk town to the NYPD operates exactly how?
Well, this is concerning because the IRS is supposed to be accountants who go over your tax returns, not door kickers. The door kicking is the purview of the US Marshalls.
They're turning the IRS into some sort of Rambo with a briefcase. Just how many "Enforcement agents: does the US government need?

I'll go on record of not being a fan of the IRS, but, why do they need to arm themselves when they have the ability to grab your money from the bank or freeze your accounts?

It's not a conspiracy to ask the question. Do they honestly believe people are holding more money in their homes than a raid will cost? The guy that can't pay his taxes has an untold fortune under the pillow? Biden my believe there is zero inflation but my wallet knows better.

Shakedowns are supposed to be illegal. There was a time in America where they would only jail you or take your house. Now they threaten you with the guns you paid for. Apparently semi automatics aren't so bad after all.

IRS is only interested in one thing, MONEY. They do have an armed division. That is the part of the department seldom seen. There is WAY too many gun owners for them to worry about. Many love to find anything to "panic" over. Sadly many of the ones in panic also will not bother to vote as they tell anyone who will listen that does no good. :confused:
Another AWB so far just means no more made. If gun owners sit back and do nothing it will slowly creep into an all out ban but, that takes time. If gun owners sit on their hands and let it get to that point there will be no door to door sweeps. They will not be needed. Vast majority will just line up to give up the stuff just like they did during the great hoax. Some will hang onto stuff now illegal to own. Many of them will get caught because they will need to show others what they have. As some get arrested and made an example of more will fold. There is going to be no kicking in doors to look for these unless they are after you for something else. What most of those new IRS guys are going to go after is small business. Most of them can not afford to fight. So they show up, say you owe, most simply have to pay. Can't afford to higher help to fight. So it will be a shakedown. Sadly many of those who get shaken down will have voted for this so I hope they enjoy it. :(

With the idea of hundreds of millions of guns in this country, along with the select fire ones crossing the border daily, it would be a fools errand to try and seize guns by force. They will instead try to make your life hell until you comply.

Well, I was first in with a "no" and I am very aware of asset forfeiture.

But than again, I am also aware of the misinformation trope of the IRS being 'militarized' making the rounds right now, so I stand by my reply

But than again, I am also aware of the misinformation trope of the IRS being 'militarized' making the rounds right now, so I stand by my reply
They've been militarized for decades. Nothing new there.

All that's new now is the information gleaned - they recently purchased lots of ammo.... they did post that job listing.... and there are 87,000 new IRS employees desired.

With the idea of hundreds of millions of guns in this country, along with the select fire ones crossing the border daily, it would be a fools errand to try and seize guns by force. They will instead try to make your life hell until you comply.
They don't even try now to seize them. Look at places like Chitown and such. Every night mass shootings. Guns galore and they could care less. They know where those guns are. When it comes time to make something legal now a no go, they know almost no law abiding are going to keep them. What would they do with them? Can't carry it, can't take it to the range, can't use it for defense. So why try to take them? People will give them up on their own since they are not criminals. The criminals of course do not care as they are already criminals.

If you owe back taxes they might.

It's a long process and there's plenty of notice before you need to start looking over your shoulder or barricading your doors.
You need to worry about Red Flags well before that.
I'll add, there's a warehouse down in Salem chock full of gear that the State of Oregon has seized for back taxes. Rows and rows of storage racks, stacked to the ceiling. It had some super cool stuff in it last time I was inside. I'm sure the Feds have regional warehouses that are full of stuff that's even cooler.

IRS is only interested in one thing, MONEY. They do have an armed division. That is the part of the department seldom seen. There is WAY too many gun owners for them to worry about. Many love to find anything to "panic" over. Sadly many of the ones in panic also will not bother to vote as they tell anyone who will listen that does no good. :confused:
Another AWB so far just means no more made. If gun owners sit back and do nothing it will slowly creep into an all out ban but, that takes time. If gun owners sit on their hands and let it get to that point there will be no door to door sweeps. They will not be needed. Vast majority will just line up to give up the stuff just like they did during the great hoax. Some will hang onto stuff now illegal to own. Many of them will get caught because they will need to show others what they have. As some get arrested and made an example of more will fold. There is going to be no kicking in doors to look for these unless they are after you for something else. What most of those new IRS guys are going to go after is small business. Most of them can not afford to fight. So they show up, say you owe, most simply have to pay. Can't afford to higher help to fight. So it will be a shakedown. Sadly many of those who get shaken down will have voted for this so I hope they enjoy it. :(
over my 50 years of paying taxes, I've dealt with California, Oregon and the IRS over disputed taxes
I found Oregon worse than the IRS, you live in their state and they WILL make your life miserable and even actively address it with your employer
they will threaten asset forfeiture, but they only want their money
never had to get a lawyer, just dealt with them directly
when the IRS put a lean on my property out here, we just walked in the door of their Vancouver office and worked out the discrepancy
I never found Oregon or the IRS as scary as people make them out to be - they just want their money, not your home or guns

over my 50 years of paying taxes, I've dealt with California, Oregon and the IRS over disputed taxes
I found Oregon worse than the IRS, you live in their state and they WILL make your life miserable and even actively address it with your employer
they will threaten asset forfeiture, but they only want their money
never had to get a lawyer, just dealt with them directly
when the IRS put a lean on my property out here, we just walked in the door of their Vancouver office and worked out the discrepancy
I never found Oregon or the IRS as scary as people make them out to be - they just want their money, not your home or guns
I am fortunate in that my taxes are rarely complicated or involve much of anything that could be disputed. Nine times out of ten it is just simple income with mortgage interest and property/state taxes as deductions. I make mistakes, usually Oregon catches them and says I owe more, the feds say I owe less and it balances out.

Since I started doing mine using a free online tax prep two years ago no more mistakes found and they get done quicker.

That said, I do have philosophical issues with income taxes and I can see where the gov could (and sometimes does) easily use their taxing power to the unjustified detriment of the populace (the NFA being just one example). It is worrisome that the IRS needs to many armed agents, guns & ammo - makes me worry about their future plans.

The IRS occasionally needs to seize peoples stuff to cover monies owed. It's not a stretch to assume that some of those people, given their general disbelief in "taxes", will aggressively try to stop the IRS taking their stuff. I guess the IRS wants to be able to shoot back.
If your guns have "value" then like anything else you own, they're fair game for seizure.
Just as for any other Gov/LEO organisation, best just not invite their curiosity.
If gov is trying to steal your guns post some new AWB, there are way quicker and more efficient ways than using the IRS

Last Edited:
So they'll move that to the Interview stage. Lots of banana-republics make their new recruits prove their loyalty by executing a political prisoner or dissident, and we're catching up frighteningly fast.

FaKJjEbXgAIdWCP.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top