JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What do you think of a boxer who is always retreating and just blocks punches, occasionally takes a shot, and never lands any significant strikes? Such a fighter will ALWAYS LOSE.

In contrast, we need to focus on expanding our rights, not just hanging onto the scraps we have left. It's time for us to push hard for:
... etc ...

The bumpstock ban matters because it's a dangerous precedent for the Govt to unilaterally "reinterpret" the law on a whim so that a plastic accessory is now a felony. Under that same logic, the executive branch could just ban regular stocks and be like "oh yeah, you can have a rifle, just not an assault stock."

The bumpstock and other bans were successful because not enough people cared enough to do something useful. You need some wealthy to buy the news coverage the antis get for free, and others to show up at rallies. All that comes from a dominant opinion, not a sliver minority opinion.

Does your gun club hold public events where they teach people to shoot under close supervision, so they have a "fun" time at the range? They should. Do you offer to teach people you know? You should.

Rights that are obvious to you aren't necessarily obvious to Joe Public. Joe has been propagandized and now just doesn't care one way or the other. Joe will care if a riot shows up on his block. But we don't want to wait that long. Teach Joe. A few times and a few of his friends. Then ask them to write some letter and show up at a rally.

Yep, I've sold all my guns and ammo! Nothing left here but a fly swatter so, no need Big Brother to come nosing around. Just go ahead and pass on by, nothing to see here!o_O:s0155:

Just go ahead and pass on by, nothing to see here!
These aren't the guns you're looking for...
Not the droids youre looking for.jpg

Well I started this thread.
And have come to a conclusion.

I can afford to loose the money I have in my ''Black Rifles''.
I can not afford to abandon them.

That's the problem. If you sell them for a one-time score and end up out in the cold if another AWB comes around, being ahead money in the short-term won't make you feel any better. If a ban doesn't happen then you'll have some nice guns and that's pretty sweet.

Both are excellent questions.

With that said...
If gun owners as whole can't even agree on what firearms and firearm accessories they should be able to own...
How are we to find that elusive "inch" or what appears to be a semi-mythical "Stand"...?
Andy

MANY of them on here, NOT all of them, and ALL across this nation, on and off of gun and political forums, can't even AGREE on what the Second Amendment says or means!

Gun people are their own worst enemies!

EXAMPLE... sigh.

Added more: NOT all gun people like what other gun people OWN or shoot so IF they (Or me!) like classic looking and old fashioned smokeless or black powder guns MORE than semi automatic rifles... we get called names or thought of differently.

WE don't CARE what people OWN/SHOOT in their guns because it is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS and NOT our money! We want people to own, carry and shoot what they LIKE!

Some on the other side call us names like FUDDS or think that we are not for the RKBA issue which is a LIE said by 'some' people. A blatant falsehood in fact.

Yet, the ones who own the modern looking rifles that some of us don't like since we think that they are NOT as pretty (Grin.) AND since we like OTHER STYLES more are the SAME MEN on HERE and elsewhere who want more laws and PUNISHMENT for gun folks and THEY are for MORE GUN STORAGE LAWS and tons more and they even STATE this openly! Crikey! Geez Louise! You can't make this salami up!

Like a gun owner or a homeowner can't make his or her own SANE decisions on what works for HIM/HER or for the safety and protection as a single person, as a couple or as a family man. LOL

But oh yes, they have got their special RIFLE or tons of them so that makes them better than the gun people who are MORE PRO RKBA but like CLASSIC LOOKS in old fashioned guns! LOL

And NOT all gun owners are PRO when it comes to the RKBA issue.

That is a fact, Jack. LOL

Old Lady Cate - Hard Core RKBA Lady meaning that I do not have to have it EXPLAINED TO ME on what IT says or MEANS!

ADDED more and typos!

Last Edited:
Neither. I've sold off anything we're not using and/or are into this year. And the bases are covered, both functionality and the collection. I'm not saying I won't buy or sell at some point between now and when I shuffle off this mortal coil. But the political noise has little to nothing to do with it.
CG said it for me

MANY of them on here, NOT all of them, and ALL across this nation, on and off of gun and political forums, can't even AGREE on what the Second Amendment says or means!

Gun people are their own worst enemies!

EXAMPLE... sigh.

Added more: NOT all gun people like what other gun people OWN or shoot so IF they (Or me!) like classic looking and old fashioned smokeless or black powder guns MORE than semi automatic rifles... we get called names or thought of differently.

WE don't CARE what people OWN/SHOOT in their guns because it is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS and NOT our money! We want people to own, carry and shoot what they LIKE!

Some on the other side call us names like FUDDS or think that we are not for the RKBA issue which is a LIE said by 'some' people. A blatant falsehood in fact.

Yet, the ones who own the modern looking rifles that some of us don't like since we think that they are NOT as pretty (Grin.) AND since we like OTHER STYLES more are the SAME MEN on HERE and elsewhere who want more laws and PUNISHMENT for gun folks and THEY are for MORE GUN STORAGE LAWS and tons more and they even STATE this openly! Crikey! Geez Louise! You can't make this salami up!

Like a gun owner or a homeowner can't make his or her own SANE decisions on what works for HIM/HER or for the safety and protection as a single person, as a couple or as a family man. LOL

But oh yes, they have got their special RIFLE or tons of them so that makes them better than the gun people who are MORE PRO RKBA but like CLASSIC LOOKS in old fashioned guns! LOL

And NOT all gun owners are PRO when it comes to the RKBA issue.

That is a fact, Jack. LOL

Old Lady Cate - Hard Core RKBA Lady meaning that I do not have to have it EXPLAINED TO ME on what IT says or MEANS!

ADDED more and typos!

Yep!
While we are busy with semantics; calling each other names and fighting among ourselves, the left and media is busy redefining everything we own as "assault rifle", "sniper rifle", "ghost gun", "high capacity", "fully-semi-auto", "armor piercing or laser-guided-death-bullets", "saturday-night-specials", "weapons of war" in an attempt to remove our rights. When they are finished with semi-autos, they will go after bolt-actions. When they are finished with bolt actions, they will go after pump actions. When they are finished with pump actions, they will go after double barrels. When they are finished with double barrels, they will go after muzzle loaders. When they are finished with muzzle loaders, they will go after knives and bats. When they are finished with knives and bats, they will go after us.

Last Edited:
I buy, sell and trade all the time. The only way the G affects me is if they ban something so thatA: I cannot buy it or B so that I can sell it at an extortionate rate to someone even more compulsive than me, otherwise their prattling serves only as an irritant.

It's highly unlikely the incoming(?) administration will be able to confiscate before the midterm elections. Every time as in the past they overstep their authority and try to do too much in making laws against gun owners a new house and senate of the opposing party of the elected President mysteriously occurs.. as it should. We are in more turbulent times potentially however we do have a few arrows left in our quiver til the midterm elections ahead..

Here's a link to an article that's worth reading:

http://www.davekopel.org/2A/LawRev/american-revolution-against-british-gun-control.html

From the article:

"On July 6, 1775, the Continental Congress adopted the Declaration of Causes and Necessity of Taking Up Arms, written by Thomas Jefferson and the great Pennsylvania lawyer John Dickinson. Among the grievances were General Gage's efforts to disarm the people of Lexington, Concord, and Boston.

Two days later, the Continental Congress sent an open letter to the people of Great Britain warning that "men trained to arms from their Infancy, and animated by the Love of Liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."

BB194A85-D867-4EB8-80D0-50A4CFFE3426.jpeg

I fully expect all my firearms will eventually be passed down, but as a capitalist I'd sell if the price is right. However, given the uncertaintity of future availability, a few hundred or even thousand bucks premium probably is probably not 'price is right'.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top