JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They used to carry the Yugos every so often, reasonably priced, and in fairly good condition. I regret not buying one when they were under the $200; they later shot up to $300. I can't imagine what they'd sell for now, maybe $400? I haven't seen or heard of any sales recently. Kind of a bummer if that was the last of it, I always thought those were pretty fun to shoot. I won't pay $500 for one, however.

Maybe one of you guys who lives near a Cabela's has heard one way or other on this topic.

If you get a chance, check out your local pawn shops if they carry guns. Every so often I'll spot a used SKS, sometimes at a decent price. You may be able to talk them down just a bit, if they're willing to deal.

I saw a Norinco SKS at the Cabela's in Tualatin about a month or so back. I think they were asking over $500 for it if I'm not mistaken, which I very well could be.

If you get a chance, check out your local pawn shops if they carry guns. Every so often I'll spot a used SKS, sometimes at a decent price. You may be able to talk them down just a bit, if they're willing to deal.
This.

Over the last month I've seen a used SKS at Tigard Pawn, Money market Pawn, and at a pawn shop over in orchards right off i205 and sR500. Price was around 350 to 409 each.

Sadly, the dirt cheap SKS is as rare as the dodo bird.
That's because they're excellent rifles! If you have a $350 price tag, it's still a good bargain. $350 is three and one half nice dinners, w/wine.
I only have one SKS, it's so old that there is not a fraction with the original finish left and the stock looks like porkypines have chewed on it. But, it never, ever fails! So it's stashed at a strategic location in an out building! :)
Go buy one! It's worth it, they're fun! :D

Back on topic

I bet if they lift the import restrictions on classic military arms you will see sub $200 SKS's all day long and there will be plenty of bummed out folks with rifles they paid $400+ for

Update: in case anyone is interested, Cabelas in Tualatin has 4 Yugo SKS 59/66 with the radium (painted) sights in stock for $399. These are Century imports, I would say they are in fair condition. I went ahead and bought one, time permitting I plan to clean it up and shoot it this summer.

I bought a yugo 59/66 years ago from my sons buddy who was joining the military and he was cleaning house so to speak. I didn't really know much about them then but i'm glad I picked it up. What a tank, long and a tad heavy but what a cool fun shooting piece of history!!! I too see them around the Tigard/SW Portland shops. $350 on up depending.

Good luck ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads