JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know none of you can tell the future but I mean more of a history repeats itself type thing. I know since its an election year that theres an ammo grabbing frenzy but theres also inflation. Can we expect prices to drop a little in a year or two or do you think buying at these prices now is the way to go? Thanks.

It is like gas. It will keep going up. It will come back down a little then go back up.

Fuel was $4/gal, then it went down to high $3, then down to $3 so that was looking good. Month later it is over $4.......

anyone who was remotely into this site or in to shooting back in 2008 should have seen this coming & made purchases in the past 2 years I hope.

Yea I was just kind of getting into it. Only heavily this past 6 months. Walmart just said their warehouse is out of 100 round federal 9mm. Looks like im ordering online

I hear ya. I was just getting back into things back in 08 after a long hiatus. I made it my mission to never be without ammo again since! :)

I'm going to have to look harder than. Cheapest .22 I've seen is 15.99 for $500 & I thought walmarts 50 rnd 9mm raised in price...maybe not though..appreciate the feedback from everyone

Probably not, you are seeing the effects of trickle down poverty, massive printing of cash, and supply/demand. I would suggest reloading as a nice skill set and shooting cheaper ammo but the cost is only going to rise.

I think we will never see the ammo prices of 6 years ago or even close to that when wolf 7.62x39 was $89 per 1000 .22 was under $10 for a brick of 500 and hunting ammo such as Rem 30.06 was under $10 a box

I think the current prices are going to be the norm for quite a while and if no one freaks out it will probably stay the same maybe even go down a just a little.

part of it is inflation cost of brass, metal, lead, even gas (shipping)
another thing is demand is still high just because there are more shooters . ( but cost i would think has cut down mag dumps as least for me)

but i think the biggest factor is the ammo companies saw what people were willing to pay for ammo during the shortage and knowing that they know they can charge more.

plus with drying suplus ammo is going to put a strain on non surplus ammo so demand for it will rise and supply in demand comes into play.

I am sure there will be fluctuations due to supply and demand .

Its probably going to go up again around election and then either up or back down depending on who gets elected what the Elected President decides to do.

The easy answer to you thread title question is no,they will not "drop back down" They may go down a little but there will,most likely, not be any dropping of prices on anything.

I got a letter from ATK today. Not looking like they are reducing prices. This is from "Gun Mart Blog"(Google it) ATK is telling their distributors that prices are going up between 5-15% depending on the product. The ATK price increase will take effect on May 1. ATK ammunition companies include CCI, Speer and Federal.

Thanks for the info. Walmarts federal is now 11.99 per 50 & was told the 100 rds are out even in the warehouse. Going to order some online. What's reloading cost generally after all the tools (9mm)?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top