JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Innocents Betrayed - The True Story of Gun Control WorldWide- (Graphic Images) by JPFO.ORG - YouTube

First off, I'm not a big fan of just reposting youtube videos and calling it a discussion but this one got me thinking. In all the cases from the videos the governments enacted gun control, the people gave up their guns and mass murder and worse followed. Will it really be any different in the United States? People have already given up some of their rights without a fight. Do you have a CCL? That's one example. People in California who gave up certain weapons or installed "bullet buttons". Not being able to carry a firearm for protection in Illinois. Nobody has stood up and said "No" to the government when different restrictions have been enacted. Makes me wonder if when total gun confiscation starts in the U.S if the people will just throw their own firearms into the trash heap.

more gun control laws have been rolled back recently... I dont believe that the people will just give up their gun rights, and i dont believe any smart law maker is pushing for gun control. support for gun control is at an all time low.

I dont believe that the people will just give up their gun rights,

Have you realized that some states have completely outlawed any carrying of a handgun? Have you seen what firearms are banned in California, or ever Washington for that matter? You can't own an automatic weapon without big brothers ok, and then you give up your 4th amendment rights. Are you aware of the consequences for getting caught practicing the second amendment in some areas without the government stamping a piece of paper giving you permission to do? I as a law abiding citizen of Oregon can not drive across the river and purchase a firearm from a law abiding citizen of Washington without paperwork. How does that prevent crime??? People are already bending over and taking it with a smile on their face because they believe their second amendment rights arent' being infringed upon.

Owning an automatic weapon with an authoritative approval isn't a removal/giving up of ones' right. That's an example of a regulation. Washington state regulates firearms by saying no to SBRs and automatics although exceptions exist - FFL-holders of a particular type, so they're regulated in that way.

California is a different topic. A better thread would be, "Why would anyone in their right mind live in California - ESPECIALLY if you're a gun owner?"

California is a different topic. A better thread would be, "Why would anyone in their right mind live in California - ESPECIALLY if you're a gun owner?"

Ok, let's just look at the cowards in California who gave up their rights and altered their firearms to please their government masters. Will they, or you, give up your guns if/when the government comes calling for them? At what point do you fight back and say enough is enough?

Ok, let's just look at the cowards in California who gave up their rights and altered their firearms to please their government masters. Will they, or you, give up your guns if/when the government comes calling for them? At what point do you fight back and say enough is enough?

Depends on what the Government thinks they need to remove. Personally, could care less about fully automatic weapons. If you mean in the unlikely event that the Government abolishes 2A?

Depends on what the Government thinks they need to remove. Personally, could care less about fully automatic weapons. If you mean in the unlikely event that the Government abolishes 2A?

The Government will never abolish the 2nd Amendment outright; they'll just make it harder and harder to exercise your rights as a citizen to use them through "regulations". The UK is a prime example...they never thought they would be totally disarmed, but look where they're at now. And it's not like they haven't tried...California is a great example of this.

They started out with magazine capacity restrictions and then their own Assault Weapon's Ban. Then caliber restrictions...and now you can't even open carry in California. Is that not a restriction of your 2nd Amendment rights through "regulation"?

Innocents Betrayed - The True Story of Gun Control WorldWide- (Graphic Images) by JPFO.ORG - YouTube

First off, I'm not a big fan of just reposting youtube videos and calling it a discussion but this one got me thinking. In all the cases from the videos the governments enacted gun control, the people gave up their guns and mass murder and worse followed. Will it really be any different in the United States? People have already given up some of their rights without a fight. Do you have a CCL? That's one example. People in California who gave up certain weapons or installed "bullet buttons". Not being able to carry a firearm for protection in Illinois. Nobody has stood up and said "No" to the government when different restrictions have been enacted. Makes me wonder if when total gun confiscation starts in the U.S if the people will just throw their own firearms into the trash heap.

beeheadline.jpg

Have you realized that some states have completely outlawed any carrying of a handgun? Have you seen what firearms are banned in California, or ever Washington for that matter? You can't own an automatic weapon without big brothers ok, and then you give up your 4th amendment rights. Are you aware of the consequences for getting caught practicing the second amendment in some areas without the government stamping a piece of paper giving you permission to do? I as a law abiding citizen of Oregon can not drive across the river and purchase a firearm from a law abiding citizen of Washington without paperwork. How does that prevent crime??? People are already bending over and taking it with a smile on their face because they believe their second amendment rights arent' being infringed upon.

Have you realized that carrying of a handgun, especially concealed, was illegal for quite some time in most of the states ? And most of the states switched from prohibition to permission in the last 20 years, with some as recently as last year ?

Rtc.gif

Some firearms are banned in California, yes. Not all of them, and definitely not the most protected class of arms - handguns. Does that mean people are deprived of the right ? Does that mean people aren't doing anything about it ?

Yes, you can't own automatic weapon without government's permission. But automatic weapons are not protected under the current 2A framework.

You can't drive across the river and such purchase because of the Constitution itself. Live with it.

Basically I think you're speaking emotions here, and you need to understand a little bit better why things are the way they are :)

The Government will never abolish the 2nd Amendment outright; they'll just make it harder and harder to exercise your rights as a citizen to use them through "regulations".

And they will do that because they hate you for your freedoms. Damned aliens from outer space :D

Owning an automatic weapon with an authoritative approval isn't a removal/giving up of ones' right. That's an example of a regulation. Washington state regulates firearms by saying no to SBRs and automatics although exceptions exist - FFL-holders of a particular type, so they're regulated in that way.

Because it's a big state with a lot of job and business opportunities. Because some people are born there and lived their entire life there. Because guns is not the primary objective in life for majority of NORMAL people. I'm sure there are tons of reasons why :)

Amendment II.
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I belive in the constitution as it was written by our founding fathers.
To me this means no restrictions/regulations on what i can own, where i can buy/sell or where i can go with any arms, within the USA.

Regulation = Infringed

Amendment II.
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I belive in the constitution as it was written by our founding fathers.
To me this means no restrictions/regulations on what i can own, where i can buy/sell or where i can go with any arms, within the USA.

Regulation = Infringed

I could go many routes to articulate why you're wrong. But let me ask you this - were there any restrictions on any rights right after formation of the country ? Basically did founding fathers restrict their own rights in any way or fashion ?

fd15K your post is a perfect example of how rhetoric over rides the simple truth. Your animated illustration clearly shows how over the last 20 years as gun owners we have recovered rights that have been limited in the past. The recent SCOTUS decisions on 2nd Amendment cases also reinforces our rights to arms. Yet people still worry about confiscation.

Granted there will be bumps in the road. But the way things have been going lately the numbers of gun owners is most likely at an all time high with the numbers increasing every hour.

In 1900 there were 76,094,000 Americans the number of gun owners now in the US is estimated at 80 million gun owners in America so the number of gun owners in the USA is now more then the total population was in 1900. And with Mr Obama in the White House working as the country's best gun salesman it will continue.

So personally for the logistical reason I brought up as well as the financial issues 283 million firearms in the country account for approx. 85 BILLION DOLLARS in liquid assests and that is just based on a $300.00 average market value. In my own little collection the average is around $520.00 each. To remove that from the population or to restrict the trade would have a very negitive effect.

fd15K-

I did not see the following words in Amendment II.: Except, But, If, Unless, etc..

You have lost and given so many of your rights away, that when you get one back you feel like you have won a victory.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

fd15K your post is a perfect example of how rhetoric over rides the simple truth. Your animated illustration clearly shows how over the last 20 years as gun owners we have recovered rights that have been limited in the past. The recent SCOTUS decisions on 2nd Amendment cases also reinforces our rights to arms. Yet people still worry about confiscation.

But NRA said Obama will take our guns! :D

Have you realized that carrying of a handgun, especially concealed, was illegal for quite some time in most of the states ? And most of the states switched from prohibition to permission in the last 20 years, with some as recently as last year ?

Rtc.gif

Some firearms are banned in California, yes. Not all of them, and definitely not the most protected class of arms - handguns. Does that mean people are deprived of the right ? Does that mean people aren't doing anything about it ?

Yes, you can't own automatic weapon without government's permission. But automatic weapons are not protected under the current 2A framework.

You can't drive across the river and such purchase because of the Constitution itself. Live with it.

Basically I think you're speaking emotions here, and you need to understand a little bit better why things are the way they are :)

Current 2A framework? Was there a previous framework? Did someone sparkle some magic fairy dust and change the meaning of the words " shall not"?
Would you be so cavalier towards restrictions of the 1A? How's this for a law - no individual may write an article in any publication that has more than 100 readers without a writers license issued by the newly formed Agency of Publication.

@fd15K-
I did not see the following words in Amendment II.: Except, But, If, Unless, etc..

PM me your address, I will come to your place and drink your beer. After all, I have an unconditional right to move freely, and that right of mine trumps your right of private property, security in your own home, and so on :)

Current 2A framework? Was there a previous framework? Did someone sparkle some magic fairy dust and change the meaning of the words " shall not"?
Would you be so cavalier towards restrictions of the 1A? How's this for a law - no individual may write an article in any publication that has more than 100 readers without a writers license issued by the newly formed Agency of Publication.

There are already restrictions on the 1st. Want to see how one works go on National TV and say the 7 dirty words. And you will find that your moderated, restricted, and maybe fined.

Go into a theator and scream fire. etc.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR