JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just remember there is no real specs for ar 10's, especially "mil spec". There is no such thing with 10's, its like the wild west builds of ar's. Check gas tubes for correct alignment and polish feed ramps. Clean the hell out of the whole thing and oil properly and you should be fine. But in my experiance they all need hand fitting work.

Guys, the AR-10 is a different animal than the AR-15. Uppers and lowers are not always compatible.
Large frame ARs are not standardized. You need to pick brands that specifically state they are Armalite or DPMS pattern, then only go with that style. If they do not mention one of the two, they are likely proprietary and you'll need to buy other proprietary parts to play.
^^^This is why I stayed out of the AR10 game.

Instead I have an M24 clone for long distance and currently building a Mk12 clone for middle distance.

^^^This is why I stayed out of the AR10 game.

Instead I have an M24 clone for long distance and currently building a Mk12 clone for middle distance.
There's a way around it. For example, I have an DPMS Panther in .308 that runs great. :D Did I pay more than $750 for it? Yes, a lot more. Does it go bang every time? Every single time, right out of the box. And it came fully assembled! ;)

I've run PSA lowers for all my BCA uppers. Those were all in AR15 in various calibers. Never had a single issue with the pair as whole or individually.
Other than similar actions and overall appearance, the AR-15 and AR-10 are very different. I am sure this has been mentioned, but while 99% of the AR-15 parts are Mix-and-Match, the AR10 parts are not universally Mix-and-Match.
I own an Armalite pattern AR-10 and several DPMS Pattern AR-10's, those With DPMS patterns usually mix and match with other DPMS pattern receivers. Older Armalite used a proprietary metal Magazine, PMags would not work, but newer Armalite does work with PMags.
Still, the confusion is understandable, I had confusion for my first DPMS pattern build, even though I owned the older Armalite.

Other than similar actions and overall appearance, the AR-15 and AR-10 are very different. I am sure this has been mentioned, but while 99% of the AR-15 parts are Mix-and-Match, the AR10 parts are not universally Mix-and-Match.
I own an Armalite pattern AR-10 and several DPMS Pattern AR-10's, those With DPMS patterns usually mix and match with other DPMS pattern receivers. Older Armalite used a proprietary metal Magazine, PMags would not work, but newer Armalite does work with PMags.
Still, the confusion is understandable, I had confusion for my first DPMS pattern build, even though I owned the older Armalite.
Copy that. Yes, I think someone else said something to the same effect. Admittedly, I'm not well versed with the AR10 and so my comment was clearly not helpful to the OP. Especially considering he has run PSA and BCA AR15 combos himself. Clearly him asking the question shows he knows more than I. I do appreciate the info, and whether I myself pursue building an AR10 or not, I intend on diving into the ins and outs of it.

Yes once you get the receiver's upper and lower halves mated and they accept an appropriate magazine, then most of the other pieces are mix-and-match.
PWS makes the only piston-driven action that I am aware of, Armalite and Daniel Defense are the only Angle butt receivers that come to mind.
Daniel Defense has the only dual extractor bolt, but they don't sell them separately.
Ruger makes the small form factor AR-15 that accepts AR-10 magazines and 7.62 NATO
Most all make a 6.5 Creedmoor if you want one.

it will work just the match up of the two different companies might leave a upper or lower not matching up (as far as looks), it will function

even gen2 lower and gen3 upper from PSA dont match up (looks) but they function

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top