JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hen wood duck on her nest about a month ago.

7B3721D2-7346-4E98-B5DA-5B345173B38B.jpeg

Counted 19 javelina, just outside kitchen window. They were attracted to the water, but none took a drink. We've pitched watermelon rind in the area and usually gray fox come and snack. The javelina that is laying down was breathing heavy, walked differently and appeared to have a heavy belly. Either she drinks a lot of beer or is having a late season baby. Third picture is the boar.

IMG_20220723_075537162.jpg IMG_20220723_075905511.jpg IMG_20220723_080058337.jpg IMG_20220723_080201293.jpg

Counted 19 javelina, just outside kitchen window. They were attracted to the water, but none took a drink. We've pitched watermelon rind in the area and usually gray fox come and snack. The javelina that is laying down was breathing heavy, walked differently and appeared to have a heavy belly. Either she drinks a lot of beer or is having a late season baby. Third picture is the boar.

View attachment 1245185 View attachment 1245186 View attachment 1245187 View attachment 1245188
They're sure cute little buggers. How do they eat? Looks like they'd be easier to process than bigger feral hogs? Good for Carnitas maybe.

Also called stink pig. Big gland on flank. Best to wear gloves and not use your favorite knife. Slow cook and then braised as carnitas. Meat appears red like most wild game, but changes with cooking.

Fox last night. Troupe of javelina this morning.

View attachment 1253918 View attachment 1253919
Maintaining this looks like it could be a permanent part of your day.
If you ever want to make that automatic, you might be interested in investgating this.....

EDIT: sorry for the huge url. Its how things came out. It's automatic watering system for pigs. $11.69 from Amazon....of course, I suppose you could rig the water valve from an old toilet, too. Might be even less expensive (Free!)
Posted in case you get interested in such things, in the future.

Last Edited:
Power went off, so sliding door was open. Happened to be looking out and had phone in hand. Coyote wasn't nervous but could sense something was different. Hung around and casually left. Who new coyote would like honey dew melon. Hard not to bust it! Avid coyote caller lives here.

IMG_20220811_183155350_MP_2.jpg IMG_20220811_182735880.jpg IMG_20220811_182739828.jpg

Maintaining this looks like it could be a permanent part of your day.
If you ever want to make that automatic, you might be interested in investigating this..... automatic watering system...of course, I suppose you could rig the water valve from an old toilet, too.
Ok, one last mention on this, I PROMISE.
Just ran across this video and it seemed to pertain to what I quoted above.
Again, posted in case you get interested in something like this in the future.
...Off my soapbox now. Please enjoy the video...

C'mon down. I have land for burial plots. Little scruffy dog survives in extreme conditions. Not much food or water, but they reproduce. Only live cats in area are mountain lion or inside pets.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top