JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
None of the immediate neighbors (within a half mile) have dogs.

There is a known wolf pack in our area. Paw print was taken a few months ago.

My daughter thought it was a photo of a Samoyed also.

But it didn't move like a dog. It moved out smartly, with a purpose. No sniffing the flowers and trees.

20210102_124406.jpg

Beautiful animals, and I can't help but notice there is not a location associated with these. Care to share where some of us could spot some of these wonderful creatures for our own enjoyment :s0108:
That's a great suggestion/request! For my part, I'll try to do a better job of at least including a general area with photos 👍

Is that a juvenile? I've only ever seen one, briefly, in the wild. Up at McIver Park in a tree below river Mill dam. All the photos show them with white too. I have Downier Woodpeckers at my suit feeder here in NE potland daily.
I believe so, I'm told the red crest becomes much more apparent when they reach full maturity, Almost appearing like a Mohawk or 80's hair metal band style look :s0022:Only one I've managed to capture a glimpse of in the wild. Sounds like you get some interesting visitors your way as well!

Is that a juvenile? I've only ever seen one, briefly, in the wild. Up at McIver Park in a tree below river Mill dam. All the photos show them with white too. I have Downier Woodpeckers at my suit feeder here in NE potland daily.
If you right click on the photo and click "search Google for this image" it will show you the original source of the photo. In the case of that woodpecker it was taken by Javier Fernandez Sanchez and was taken in a park in the Netherlands. You can do the same for the other photos in similar posts above.
46A20B4C-899D-460E-9E89-764951A6240A.png

I believe so, I'm told the red crest becomes much more apparent when they reach full maturity, Almost appearing like a Mohawk or 80's hair metal band style look :s0022:Only one I've managed to capture a glimpse of in the wild. Sounds like you get some interesting visitors your way as well!
I have about eight/nine different birds showing up at my feeders on a regular basis. Add about four more probably that surprise me sometimes. The best is a scrub Jay that comes to hand for peanuts. We figure it's the female. She'll jump around in a small maple tree at the front widow to get our attention. Or sit on the back of a chair on the deck near the slider, tapping, to get Wifey's attention when she's sitting there at the table.

If you right click on the photo and click "search Google for this image" it will show you the original source of the photo. In the case of that woodpecker it was taken by Javier Fernandez Sanchez and was taken in a park in the Netherlands. You can do the same for the other photos in similar posts above.
View attachment 891857
Ah, totally different continent and different color pattern. Probably related gene wise.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top