JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ungulates, to start with.
Livestock can suffer mineral deficiency when relying solely on uptake from forage. Can effect hoof growth, weight gain, and natural development of antlers and horns. There are natural salt/mineral licks. Some commercial blocks are straight salt, others combined minerals. There are wildlife feed blocs for deer and quail.

Worked in Alaska as a lineman. The base of utility poles showed chewed areas surrounding the base. Snowshoe hares were attracted to the salt. The poles came from Oregon and Washington and were rafted together and transported in the ocean to Alaska. The combination of creosote and saltwater made some as hard as iron to climb. Ofttimes the chewed area was a couple feet off the ground, at snow depth rather than actually at ground level.

First night, gray fox. I miss identified as coyote. Second night got the coyote and the gray fox. Camera still malfunctioning. Blank images. Not resulting pictures in the dark.

IM_00035.JPG IM_00040.JPG IM_00025.JPG

Recently bought house, came with outdoor cat. So far she'd delivered chipmunks, and lizards. Today's find, just out front door. I relocated the snake as it will eat pests.

20200702_090204.jpg 20200702_090239.jpg 20200702_090243.jpg

Was down at the family cabin last couple of days and my dad and I went to go visit the elderly widow that lived nearby. We bought our land from her and her late husband back in the 80's.

She had rescued a baby starling a few months prior and named him Fred. He's completely tame now and a bit of a jerk, but interesting to interact with.

IMG_20200706_120232258.jpg

Was down at the family cabin last couple of days and my dad and I went to go visit the elderly widow that lived nearby. We bought our land from her and her late husband back in the 80's.

She had rescued a baby starling a few months prior and named him Fred. He's completely tame now and a bit of a jerk, but interesting to interact with.

View attachment 719061
Man o man, that is like rescuing a baby rat. Starlings (am invasive species) do many millions of dollars in damage to crops every year in the us, damage buildings, are well known for carrying and spreading disease (including diseases harmful to humans), and do very significant damage to native bird species. I would put that thing down ASAP!

Man o man, that is like rescuing a baby rat. Starlings (am invasive species) do many millions of dollars in damage to crops every year in the us, damage buildings, are well known for carrying and spreading disease (including diseases harmful to humans), and do very significant damage to native bird species. I would put that thing down ASAP!
She thought she was rescuing a baby Robin, but turns out the starlings had thrown out the Robin's eggs and left their own to be raised by Robins. Apparently a common thing.

Oddly enough, Fred shows no desire to go back to the wild and doesn't even like to be out of his cage. True welfare bird.

A few pics. I took a couple weeks ago. Kinda by Ft. Stevens St. Park at the Oregon coast.
In the last pic there was about6-8 bulls of different sizes in that area. There were other elk scattered around.
Stacy

E4F2672B-9A2E-472A-BA21-E591BF995A15.jpeg A4AE3395-CD44-436B-BD4E-40DF96654355.jpeg 850FDADA-D402-4919-BAE3-E2AB75D7DE70.jpeg 08911E40-574B-4EAF-B9B4-1701FD90FB6F.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top