JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No those ones are over by pack wood. I have seen elk on base this year out by the east / roy gate.
I live in Spanaway and go by the east gate all the time. Back in the 90s I used to hunt on the base. I waited until the last weekend of the season when the opened the central impact area. Nobody goes in there all year and that is where most of the deer are. I haven't hunted the base since 9/11 and all the new rules.

I live in Spanaway and go by the east gate all the time. Back in the 90s I used to hunt on the base. I waited until the last weekend of the season when the opened the central impact area. Nobody goes in there all year and that is where most of the deer are. I haven't hunted the base since 9/11 and all the new rules.
Yeah, lots of new rules for sure. They are certainly there though if a person wants to put in the time and cut through all the red tape.

A few from this morning, egret, sandhill cranes, baby deer. Those cranes are so big they look like sheep grazing!
small-13.jpg
small-3.jpg
kksmall-5.jpg
small-10.jpg
small-11.jpg
small-5.jpg
kjpsmall-3.jpg small-9.jpg

My local spike twins have been sparing for 2-3 weeks. When I took these pics last friday, these 2 were actually doing some fairly serious pushing---enough to be kicking up some grass. Judging by a small fruit tree someone recently raped, I am thinking Mr Big Buck has been making his rounds in the dark of night.

One of this years twins just paused right under my window. He is clearly another buck with knots about thumb size on his head. I actually saw him minutes after he hit the ground on June 23rd. Judging by moms still full belly, he was the first of 2 although we didn't see the second one until a few days later.

Rut_4.jpg

Rut_3.jpg

This one was taken 8 days later. Looks like it was thinking about coming up on the deck.
Sure cute little buggers at this age.

Rut-5.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR