JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've seen spray-on type gels for the protection of buildings from wildfires. I'm doing some research on the topic and am curious if others are setup with said as part of their preps. And, more specifically, if anyone has ever employed such a chemical application to a building that was threatened by a wildfire.

Thanks much.

No experience with any really, but from what I've read the easiest and least expensive for a property owner to do is a phosphorous based foam/soap like application.

Second to that would be simple dawn dish detergent.

Again as a slight foam, just enough to break the water surface tension. Thereby "wetting out" whatever it's applied on better.

Can get phosphorous stick setups to attach to garden hose size for around $300, which would theoretically give about 9 hours of foam.

Think amazon had them. Never tried.

Used a $10 liquid garden fertilizer sprayer, with a few oz of dawn just the other day. Just to see how it would do. Works fine, about 10-15'. Low pressure here though. Would be great for under eaves / outside wall application at my pressure.

Dunno how a hosed in pressure washer type setup would do, as never used one. Might get one just for cleaning anyways though.

Thanks @Camelfilter. That is kind of my thinking to; assuming it works, it is pretty cheap insurance and another option available.

I get the feeling the wildfires aren't going to be getting any better, so as we're wrapping up the last of the seismic-related projects, we're looking towards that scenario to become more prepared for.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top