JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was good meeting you "old noob"
Had a good time and got 1 bag of trash picked up. Working around 2 other groups of people mad it a little hard to get a good cleaning done but did what I could.

20210425_120213.jpg 20210425_115950.jpg 20210425_115946.jpg 20210425_115943.jpg 20210425_115910.jpg 20210425_115908.jpg 20210425_115903.jpg 20210425_115901.jpg 20210425_115858.jpg

It was good meeting you "old noob"
Had a good time and got 1 bag of trash picked up. Working around 2 other groups of people mad it a little hard to get a good cleaning done but did what I could.

View attachment 870500 View attachment 870501 View attachment 870502 View attachment 870503 View attachment 870504 View attachment 870505 View attachment 870506 View attachment 870507 View attachment 870508
Thanks for the photos. Glad you two hooked up and had a good time. Sad to see the place in that shape. I'll pick out a date to come clean off those rocks and seal them with the Anti Graffiti coating.

Thanks for the photos. Glad you two hooked up and had a good time. Sad to see the place in that shape. I'll pick out a date to come clean off those rocks and seal them with the Anti Graffiti coating.
Yes its very sad seeing it like this.

Let me know when your headed this way and I'll make a point of meeting you and helping out.

Let me know if any graffiti is on the rocks. We cleaned off all the boulders and I'm hoping nothing new is there.

Thanks,
Bill
Thank you for cleaning off the boulders. And thank you to everyone else who helps keep our little range clean. I was pretty upset seeing. People spray painting the rocks and making it look like downtown portland. I will report back if i see anything

I was just there last Sunday and It didn't look too bad, there was a lot of shotgun shell casings about and a small amount of trash. I didn't stay long because there was a sign up saying no shooting due to fire hazard and there were people out there drinking.

I was just there last Sunday and It didn't look too bad, there was a lot of shotgun shell casings about and a small amount of trash. I didn't stay long because there was a sign up saying no shooting due to fire hazard and there were people out there drinking.
Yeah with fire season we all need to do our part to be safe and well drinking and guns don't mix I hope every one stays safe.

So it's safe to assume it's closed due to fire season

So it's safe to assume it's closed due to fire season
Shoot! I forgot about that! Yes, Mt Hood is closed to shooting. They announced it the beginning of July. It's mostly about campfires, but when you read down a couple paragraphs, it says; "Additionally, target shooting is temporarily prohibited because of the risk of wildfire."

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/mthood/news-events/?cid=FSEPRD927633&fbclid=IwAR37lEyqShATisn-YCSJ5fvWJKTDfDnpBx6kQQ7tSi7wGfI8uvedKoJSjdI

So, yeah, it's closed for now.

Bill

Shoot! I forgot about that! Yes, Mt Hood is closed to shooting. They announced it the beginning of July. It's mostly about campfires, but when you read down a couple paragraphs, it says; "Additionally, target shooting is temporarily prohibited because of the risk of wildfire."

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/mthood/news-events/?cid=FSEPRD927633&fbclid=IwAR37lEyqShATisn-YCSJ5fvWJKTDfDnpBx6kQQ7tSi7wGfI8uvedKoJSjdI

So, yeah, it's closed for now.

Bill
Is there any spots near Mount Hood or an estacada that you know of that's a good place to shoot I've been having to go to Jewel City for the last 3 or 4 weeks

Yeah with fire season we all need to do our part to be safe and well drinking and guns don't mix I hope every one stays safe.
But.... We can still go there and drink. Right? Don't have to shoot! Right? Last time I was there, on the first day of 100 degree weather, the breeze from the trees was real cool and we were quite comfy. Once we were done with the cleanup and all the 'After Party' shooting, I sat there an enjoyed a nice cold beer while marveling at the good we had done.

(I usually enjoy that 'after-the-After Party' time & 'alone' time to reflect on what happened that day. Make me feel good and proud of the volunteers that chipped in.)

Is there any spots near Mount Hood or an estacada that you know of that's a good place to shoot I've been having to go to Jewel City for the last 3 or 4 weeks
I guess the best place to go is North Fork Wolf Creek shooting lanes. It's West on Hwy 26, half way to the coast. Anywhere on Mt Hood Nat Forest will be closed right now.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top