JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey guys can anyone officially confirm that this place is closed I got stopped by a forest ranger telling me it was and several other people also. But I don't see any closures for Wildcat on the website. Everyone else that Ive met have told me that it's open and they've been there

Hey guys can anyone officially confirm that this place is closed I got stopped by a forest ranger telling me it was and several other people also. But I don't see any closures for Wildcat on the website. Everyone else that Ive met have told me that it's open and they've been there
Yep, still closed. They have a lot of unsafe roads to evaluate. Here's the last thing I heard of, back on Sept 25th... " areas north of US Highway 26 will reopen"... "Land, roads, trails, and recreation sites south of Hwy 26 will remain closed due to widespread damage, debris slides."

Besides that, I think if a ranger said it's closed, it's closed. Here's the link that will confirm that. (Wildcat area is on the South side of Hwy 26).
Mt. Hood National Forest - News & Events

I tried to keep it cleaned up by myself, I don't live too far away. I only made it up there a few times last summer. I would fill up about two trash bags and call it good enough. If there was someone else there I'd hand them a trash bag to clean up their stuff.
Yeah, there are some creepy people there sometimes, be careful.

I was up there yesterday. I took away 3 huge bags of trash...

Compared with the photos at top of this forum, this place looks so different now. It's very sad. So many of the trees have clearly been shot down over time.

I was up there yesterday. I took away 3 huge bags of trash...

Compared with the photos at top of this forum, this place looks so different now. It's very sad. So many of the trees have clearly been shot down over time.
Bummer to hear. Thanks for hauling out that trash! Did you take a picture of it? If so, you could get a Bronze membership on NWFA! See the thread... https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/3-bags-of-trash-nwfa-bronze-membership.98125/

I'd also encourage you to join the committee for the Wildcat area on the 'Public Land Target Shooters' forum. It's where we make things happen with the help of other local users in your area.

And welcome to NorthwestFirearms! You're gonna love it here!

Bill

I did not take pictures, I didn't think about that. I just wanted to help clear the trash. I even managed to dispose of it during a garage cleaning haul at the transfer station. So it didn't really cost me anything.

Bummer to hear. Thanks for hauling out that trash! Did you take a picture of it? If so, you could get a Bronze membership on NWFA! See the thread... https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/3-bags-of-trash-nwfa-bronze-membership.98125/

I'd also encourage you to join the committee for the Wildcat area on the 'Public Land Target Shooters' forum. It's where we make things happen with the help of other local users in your area.

And welcome to NorthwestFirearms! You're gonna love it here!

Bill

Wish I could go but got a cleanup this weekend in SW WA.

Could you do something for me? Take pics of the volume of graffiti on the rocks and post them. I will be planning a visit to wash it all off and want to get an idea of how much is there.

Check this cool tool out... Eco Blaster. All in one portable pressure pressure washer. All you need is some extra water to fill its built-in 10 gallon tank (I currently have a 330 gallon tank but need to trade that for one that's 200 or less).

We brush on some enviro friendly solvent and then pressure wash the graffiti off the rocks (2700psi).

The Eco Blaster arrives today and I'll be using it for the first time this weekend on rocks in the Yacolt Burn Forest.

Eco Blaster 1.jpg Eco Blaster 4.jpg Eco Blaster 3.jpg

4-18-21 Phase I Public Safety Project 40.jpg

Wish I could go but got a cleanup this weekend in SW WA.

Could you do something for me? Take pics of the volume of graffiti on the rocks and post them. I will be planning a visit to wash it all off and want to get an idea of how much is there.

Check this cool tool out... Eco Blaster. All in one portable pressure pressure washer. All you need is some extra water to fill its built-in 10 gallon tank (I currently have a 330 gallon tank but need to trade that for one that's 200 or less).

We brush on some enviro friendly solvent and then pressure wash the graffiti off the rocks (2700psi).

The Eco Blaster arrives today and I'll be using it for the first time this weekend on rocks in the Yacolt Burn Forest.

Yes I will take pictures and thats a very very cool tool.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top