JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was up there last Sat 8/8 for a few hours. Cleaned out a full contractor trash bag and left another empty bag on one of the rocks for the next visitor. Didn't look too bad, aside from the heavily graffiti-ed rocks. I've got a can of gray outdoor primer/paint I'll try to remember next time.

I was up there last Sat 8/8 for a few hours. Cleaned out a full contractor trash bag and left another empty bag on one of the rocks for the next visitor. Didn't look too bad, aside from the heavily graffiti-ed rocks. I've got a can of gray outdoor primer/paint I'll try to remember next time.
Thanks, Bob, we all appreciate it!

Thanks, Bob, we all appreciate it!
Been shooting up wildcat for over 30 years, watched it go through all the changes, and I'm sorry to say I left my share of trash and cigarette butts up there when I was a young ignorant pup. Trying to leave the world a better place than I found it these days.

Been shooting up wildcat for over 30 years, watched it go through all the changes, and I'm sorry to say I left my share of trash and cigarette butts up there when I was a young ignorant pup. Trying to leave the world a better place than I found it these days.
Gee, sounds somewhat familiar! ;)

I use to live up there 40 years ago. As you're going up SE Wildcat Mtn Rd and before Hope Lake, you would turn right down onto SE Brian Ranch Rd.
I found an abandoned creek side cabin at the dead end of Pheasant Meadow Drive on the N. Fork of Eagle Creek.
I lived there for three years and when the owner offered the five acres and two bedroom cabin to me for only $10,000 with only $200.00 monthly payments ( rent was $100 a month) with no down payment and no interest on the balance.
Being the stupidest young man ever born, I turned him down, as I wanted to move back into Portland where the girls were.
I should have rented it out until I found one that could handle the isolation and cold winters.

Last Edited:
I don't think you can drive up to the old gravel quarry anymore.
That's where you could shoot in the old days, but the Douglas Ridge Trail crosses through there and folks started complaining about the crazy antics the shooters were doing.
It really wasn't very safe and I don't blame the quarry operators shutting off access.
There is a great view from the south side of the quarry and if you like to hike, the trail heading east goes up to the top of Wildcat Mountain and that is an easy hike with unlimited 360 views.

Last Edited:
I will be going to this place tomorrow. Never been but, want to check it out. Will try to remember to take some pics.
Well me and the wife went up and then found three others already set up so we left and went to the Boneyard Quarry/Pit. We started setting up then a dump truck came and started to drop a load of rocks. He came over and told us we can not shoot today as they were working. So, we left and went up past frog lake reservoir a ways found a spot and finally got to do some shooting.
Lot of driving yesterday. :rolleyes:

Bill, Charlie told us it was open last weekend. Guess he could have been wrong.
Sorry, if I misled anyone.
Well what's really weird is my boss went up to Wildcat Mountain yesterday and shot and he said it wasn't closed. And then today when we went up there there was a forest ranger waiting for us so I think when they're not there people take advantage of that I guess

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top