JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Could definitely use a lil bit of a clean up, there is more trash that I didn't get a pic of, I don't understand why some people bring all that bubblegum out there and just leave it.

View attachment 1473029 View attachment 1473030 View attachment 1473031 View attachment 1473032
That sucks! From what I see, the worst is the garbage plain old trashy people dump. Shooters leave enough, but pure trash is leaving a lot of that. One of the reasons is the cost of disposal. The days of a buck-two-ninety-eight dump fee are long gone.

Could definitely use a lil bit of a clean up, there is more trash that I didn't get a pic of, I don't understand why some people bring all that bubblegum out there and just leave it.

View attachment 1473029 View attachment 1473030 View attachment 1473031 View attachment 1473032
Hey @Quezun , thanks for the report! Makes me half happy and half sad!

Sad to see the trash part, but happy to see the boulders clean of graffiti! We spent a whole day cleaning every rock in 2021. Lots of volunteers joined in for a complete cleanup of all areas. I even cleaned off the pavement, that leads to the Wildcat trailhead parking lot, where someone had painted "Kill Cops"!

Since I haven't been able to get back since then, I appreciate your observations and report.

Thanks,

Bill

I went up this weekend and picked up six bags. What a bubblegum hole. It has not seen it like this in a long time. Looks like we have people bringing home trash again. Saw quite a few piles on the side of the road.

What direction do you hike out from the map marker? I havent been shooting out in the wild in oregon yet but this place is close enough and unlike several others looks to be open. Sounds like i should bring a few empty bags to pick up a bit while I'm there.

What direction do you hike out from the map marker? I havent been shooting out in the wild in oregon yet but this place is close enough and unlike several others looks to be open. Sounds like i should bring a few empty bags to pick up a bit while I'm there.
No hiking needed. Just park in front of the boulders and you're there.

Here's some pics of the place and the cleanup work we did June 26, '21.
Mt Hood's Wildcat Area Gets A Cleanup… PLUS!

Bill

Have not been up since august 2023. It was a complete mess. Shot that day and took out 6 bags of trash and other things that day. May need to see if we can do another clean up here sometime next year.

Made it up to do some shooting on Sunday. Roads are cleared aside from some fallen branches pushed up on the sides of the road and a little snow when you reach the shooting spots but as with the tree branches it was on the sides of the road.

Thanks for the information. Planing to make a trip up and bringing some trash bags like last time. I don't think it cleaned it self up from the group I saw shooting next to us.
Take some pics of the conditions. Especially of the boulders. I wanna see if any graffiti came back. We cleaned off graffiti from each boulder a couple years ago and I think they were still clean as of last year.

Thanks,
Bill

Take some pics of the conditions. Especially of the boulders. I wanna see if any graffiti came back. We cleaned off graffiti from each boulder a couple years ago and I think they were still clean as of last year.

Thanks,
Bill
Bill, I plan to go up in the next few weekend and will post some pictures. The last time we went up the forestry shed was torn down and shot up. It is sad that people have to act like this out there. This is why we get sites like this shut down and then those shooter complaint they have no where to go.

This is why we get sites like this shut down and then those shooter complaint they have no where to go.
I don't think the people, that are low enough, to shoot up and dump and destroy these places complain at all. I think they just go on down the road and bubblegum up the next place.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top